SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who uses a Blue Gun/SIRT to train in the home?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who uses a Blue Gun/SIRT to train in the home? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
That is, if you're not a professional instructor.

Do you use one or the other of these dummy guns as part of your training? What do you do with them?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not a dummy gun but a laser ammo cartridge in 9/.40/.45.

I use it both in conjunction with an app and just with the laser.

It’s great for training down typical areas of your home you are likely to face an invader as well as from a draw or storage etc.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an instructor, a dummy gun is indispensable for teaching grip/stance to a group without worrying about muzzle issues. For home use, I don't see why you would need one outside of H2H/gun disarm practice. You could use one for retention shooting, but you can do that dry-fire as well.

A SIRT or laser cartridge gun would be very useful though as an adjunct to dry fire.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I use a blue gun to mix into our BJJ training a couple of times a month. I can always use more practice fighting with a gun.

I don't have a SIRT, but I do have a blow-back airsoft G19 that I use to train IDPA/USPA indoors.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I do PT with a blue gun.

Posts: 2453 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post