SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Funny A-10 video
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Funny A-10 video Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
I love the A-10...my favorite plane, they would do gun runs at Drum ....if hearing that 30mm doesn't give you a red white and blue woody nothing will.

damnit...still can't embed videos worth a damn Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzLUcP6eTqQ&t=61s

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Hit SHARE at bottom of video and then select EMBEDDED and post to VIDEOS ON FORUM.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Hahaha! That was great!

"F*ck it! I"m going to make a gun fly"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Hit SHARE at bottom of video and then select EMBEDDED and post to VIDEOS ON FORUM.

Thank you

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
"Like a 14 year old hopped up on steroids, trying to make varsity" Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
"The Honey Badger of the sky"...

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Like it!! Razz

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2011 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
From in front of our camper at Myrtle Beach, nearly every summer in thee 1970s, I watched these gorgeous birds roar overhead toward the sea. I will always love the sky Honey Badger!

Posts: 11393 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny video! Some of those desert scenes remind me of the time we got buzzed by two A-10 skimming intestate 15 between Vegas and St George. Pretty startling but reassuring at the same time.

P229

Posts: 3836 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Funny video! Some of those desert scenes remind me of the time we got buzzed by two A-10 skimming intestate 15 between Vegas and St George. Pretty startling but reassuring at the same time.

My wife I and were on our way to our favorite camp site when we got buzzed by an A-10 as well. She freaked out and I giggled like a 10 year old girl. I'll never forget it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Thomas! Thomas! Dont you point that at me!

Posts: 3574 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I see them in 2 and 4 ship flights every day heading to the range and back.

Cool airplanes. Like them much better than the F35 from Luke.

Posts: 53206 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine was an A-10 crew chief at Davis and said he knew when his pilot was having too much fun- his bird came home with cactus guts in the wheel wells!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An A10 demo pilot I knew liked to say that the A10 was his idea of a fighter aircraft: big gun, maneuverable, single seat, and single engine. When asked about it having two engines, he's correct someone by quipping, "No, it's got two half-engines."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I was running South on I-55 one day when I saw one in the sky. He made a hard turn and lined up on the highway. A few seconds later, I passed a VFW post on the frontage road with an F-86 mounted on a post out front. He was practicing his strafing run on that target.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20322 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
When I was in a National Guard artillery battalion, we shared an impact area with an A-10 squadron. The first time I was an A-10 in action I was 100 feet in the air sitting on the outside of an observation platform. An A-10 flew by about 100 yards to the west and about equal elevation. When the pilot pulled the trigger on the 30mm, I about jumped off the tower!

Seeing the results of that burst of fire, I decided the only way to survive one of these monsters is to see him before he sees you, then get as far away from your vehicle as you can.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
There is no mistaking that twin GE turbofan whine at any altitude, distance, etc once you can hear it. I was in the pool at Ocean City MD of all places a few years back and heard it overhead and knew exactly what I’d see when i looked up. I was not disappointed.

To the enemy on the ground, it is the whistle of inescapable doom once they become the intended target. The angel of death.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15610 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
There was a string of them, four or five, by my count, doing what appeared to be repeated touch and go's at the small airport a few miles north of us. (At least I assumed that's what they'd been doing. They'd disappear behind the tree line, over the airport, then appear, climbing, at the opposite end.)

My wife and I were coming back from somewhere, saw people stopped next to the road that ran along one side of the airport, watching something. We looked: A-10's.

So we pulled into a nearby parking lot, got out, and watched them for a while.

One of my two favorite aircraft ever. The other being the F-14 Tomcat.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I once was stationed in Illesheim and when we took luxury vacations to Grafenwoehr we were entertained by low flying A-10's flying over us and strafing old tanks and half tons that we were "assaulting."

It was quite the experience.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
“Majestic” That’s something Mrs DF would say after I made that sound….

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29716 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post