SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A humble thank you
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A humble thank you Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Recently, I posted about an equipment theft. Everyone stood behind me and it was great to be able to vent a bit, get it off my chest and try to get over it. Some locals offered to lend their equipment and some of you contacted me privately with offers to help replace the stolen equipment.

I admit that I felt very awkward accepting money but, as I told those that offered, I was always taught to never deny someone the joy of helping. I really appreciate all the people here and want to report that I was able to replace the blower with the gifted funds and I picked up a decent bike lock to secure it on the trailer.

SIGforum has come through for me yet again.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Mark, sorry to hear of this. I missed the other post. I have TWO bike locks I don't use/need. One is a U lock, and one is a steel cable coated in nylon. Both are yours for the taking. Neither are top end Kryptonite quality, but they'd slow down a regular Joe and maybe would be useful for something for you.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Mark, sorry to hear of this. I missed the other post. I have TWO bike locks I don't use/need. One is a U lock, and one is a steel cable coated in nylon. Both are yours for the taking. Neither are top end Kryptonite quality, but they'd slow down a regular Joe and maybe would be useful for something for you.
I probably should lock my gas cans and small mower, too. Much appreciated , friend.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are back on your feet again.

Thieves might get our property,but they can never touch our resolve.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you're whole again Smile

The membership here is pretty special.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I probably should lock my gas cans and small mower, too. Much appreciated , friend.

I think I'd look to a single long cable, threaded through what's easiest on each item, rather than having to deal with several individual cables. It probably doesn't even need to be very beefy. You only need to discourage casual target of opportunity theft, I would imagine?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is really great Mark.

The one thing about those that do harm is they shake our trust in our fellow man. But that is an opportunity for the best in us to step up and restore it. Good for those that did that in this case.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think it is harder to be served than to do service. But as you say, Allowing others to help voluntarily is part of the edifying process of true charity. When done in the Lord's way, all are refined. Even those who are spectators are inspired and gain more hope in humanity as we watch this come to a good resolution. Nice to learn you got a new blower!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post