SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The reason Netflix started to produce stupid crap no one wanted to watch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The reason Netflix started to produce stupid crap no one wanted to watch Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
Get woke, go broke. It is and isn't that simple.

This is an unexpectedly interesting video and exposes a company, Blackrock, that I personally never heard of. Their role in the world would appear to be at the heart of much of the current BS and multitude of things wrong today.

If you're not as interested in the Netflix story, skip to 14:27.

I'd be very interested to hear what the hive thinks about this.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Thanks. watched the whole video.
It was very enlightening.
NOW I know why the massive injection of the alphabet sexual confusion types into every single show now for zero reason.
Also did not know about the BlackRock control function.
Sounds a lot like to me BlackRock is too powerful and one thing as much as I hate to say it is that a Governmental intervention (antitrust) is needed although I think they (Govt) are not powerful enough anymore to compete.
The only thing left is us. Frown

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
very interesting video

thanks for posting

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Thanks. watched the whole video.
It was very enlightening.
NOW I know why the massive injection of the alphabet sexual confusion types into every single show now for zero reason.
Also did not know about the BlackRock control function.
Sounds a lot like to me BlackRock is too powerful and one thing as much as I hate to say it is that a Governmental intervention (antitrust) is needed although I think they (Govt) are not powerful enough anymore to compete.
The only thing left is us. Frown

The problem with the “government “intervening” is that various stages of the bureaucracy and political leadership is politically and philosophically aligned with the big $$$ outfits like BlackRock. Behaviors that would otherwise draw outrage are shrugged off and ignored.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:

The problem with the “government “intervening” is that various stages of the bureaucracy and political leadership is politically and philosophically aligned with the big $$$ outfits like BlackRock. Behaviors that would otherwise draw outrage are shrugged off and ignored.

I agree, {for example} today the Dems won't do anything about the mass censorship by the Media Cartel because they are not targeted.
Reps on the other hand as always are too meek when it comes to fighting back.
Lose - lose proposition.

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Interesting given the Chappelle and Gervais specials are leading me to sign up again for their streaming service even though I’m reluctant due to the price of 4k. The video stated what I’ve seen change, the woke bullshit. I was seeing the tide shift with this so the video posted just fueled that.

The video also detailed my issue with all this. Too many shows on too many platforms. It’s maddening. All these woke ass companies, with Disney being numero uno, taking their little piece and creating their own shit. It’s a complete change from a centralized system offering content, a la cable/satellite, to piece meal. So now, signing up for say 5-6 streaming services to get what you want, costs as much as cable did. My TV viewing dramatically changed at the beginning of this year due to pricing (Dish network) and I was with them for 20+ years. I loathe streaming. The menus, the digging and only Showtime offers live channels in their streaming service. I do not watch commercial content so it’s been cumbersome.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12650 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I've hung with Netflix only because of a couple of their offerings, Ozark and the F1 series. If this vid has some truth, Netflix may have a future in a world filled with barely adequate alternative streaming services. Will Netflix fight the power? I guess time will tell.

I watch the IndyCar series. Partnered with NBC, most of the series is on that network or its cable partners. Not all, some are only on NBC's Peacock. So I signed up for a trial and very quickly opted out. I can't record the few races they have and have to watch in real time. The other Peacock programming is horrible. ESG horrible.

ESG - environmental social governance. Not sure why the terrifying behemoth BlackRock is all in with that but they seem to be turning the screws on the world. How much room does our planet have left for Bond supervillains, they're everywhere. Eek Mad Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8364 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
And Blackrock’s tentacles run deep in our government. Been that way for years and years. It’s pretty easy to figure out why Trump is hated so much.

https://www.nicolletinvest.com...-blackrock-and-biden

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3979 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2022/0...n-losses-larry-fink/

BlackRock, The King Of ESG, Lost $1.7 Trillion Of Clients’ Money In Just 6 Months

BlackRock Inc., known for pushing woke activism in investing, has lost $1.7 trillion of its clients’ money in the last sixth months, Bloomberg reported Wednesday.

The massive sum is the largest amount of money lost by an individual investment firm over that time period.

BlackRock has pushed for Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG), a form of investing that scores companies based on their commitments to certain environmental aims and social causes, such as racial and gender diversity.

BlackRock voted in three activist board members for the oil company Exxon, resulting in the company significantly pulling back on its oil production over the next five years. The resulting decrease in the supply of oil is expected to contribute to rising gas prices.

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bunch.

I hope they lose another trillion by Christmas.

Posts: 53226 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The video mentions that Netfix is expected to report the loss of another 2 million subscribers this quarter. Cool

My T-Mobile cellular plan includes a subscription to Netflix, so, I can watch and not owe them a dime.

Now, the show about the pregnant guy- if the producers of that show really want to supercharge their stupid fucking shit, they should have the pregnant dude attempt to get a third trimester abortion.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I had a fairly substantial investment in Blackrock which I dumped last week after learning of their motives and actions. This week, they reported a huge loss to the street. Something starting with a "T". Got lucky.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20324 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a subscription to Fox Nation where you can watch reruns of many of their cable shows. Tucker Carlson Today interviewed Utah's treasurer Marlo Oaks explained ESG and why Utah attempts to avoid trading any Blackrock funds. (A very hard thing to do FYI) He also explained how ESG makes it nearly impossible to raise capital for things like fossil fuel power plants, oil refineries, oil pipelines, basically any "non-green" energy project. Even large corporations like Exxon and Chevron are having difficulties raising capital. It was infuriating to watch.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
And Blackrock’s tentacles run deep in our government. Been that way for years and years. It’s pretty easy to figure out why Trump is hated so much.

https://www.nicolletinvest.com...-blackrock-and-biden

Yup, ever since the Clinton campaign courted Wall St in the early 90's, the large investment houses and wealth management firms have been sliding towards the Democrats.

Activist private equity firms like BlackRock, State Street, Vanguard, Kimmeridge, etc have become more vocal and embolden the last 10-years; as a generational change is happening, all the middle-managers who've been with these firms since the 90's, are now sr. executives marching to the same drum beat. This shift became particularly acute when #44 came into office which returned open-access to the White House to those of wealth, status and popularity, something the Clinton's were very adept at and Bush #43 was not. The politicos and academics could push their ideology, while the rich and the well connected got access in support of the ideology.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jamie Dimon of Chase is the other major Wall Street figure pushing ESG.
He is the head of the Business Roundtable that also pushes “stakeholder capitalism” which gives leftist activists access to corporate boards.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they stupid true believers or do they have an angle?

Decimating the energy sector and spiking prices for the average voter is not going to work. It will get the ruling party voted out and replaced with something else.

Trying to curry favor to "green" energy companies to prop up their stock prices and profit from that is one angle I would expect investment banks to pursue, but the corresponding decline of traditional energy and the effects on the general populace will far surpass any benefits of "green".

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granted the woke BS has killed Netflix but that video seems to paint BR as the sole reason Netflix is tanking when in reality the fact that every studio has decided to go their own route is probably the real killer. Netflix barely has anything worth watching these days because of all the other studios keeping their stuff in-house.

Posts: 2198 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
It will get the ruling party voted out and replaced with something else.

They don't care if the goal is to destroy the status quo. Do they want to make things "Better" or do they just want control?

1934 editorial cartoon:

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
They used to have all of the Star Treks available at no extra cost.

Now they are all gone. Mad

Fuck this.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17299 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they did away with Star Trek because of Gene Roddenberry's message in each show?

His aim was that each episode would tell an exciting adventure story, combined with a morality tale.
https://www.adamsmith.org/blog/star-trek-a-moral-tale

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post