SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RogueJSK, Check Your Email.... This is London calling... Now with a karma!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RogueJSK, Check Your Email.... This is London calling... Now with a karma! Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Normandy?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34394 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Bletchley Park?

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Normandy?

So Private, at least we're not lost.

An aside, this trip I keep seeing owls.

A big white stuffed one at Holland and Holland, two owl sculptures over my bed at one B&B, and a live one this morning in a tree near a stop I made at a roadside marker.

quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
Bletchley Park?

I'll not be an enigma and give a cryptic answer. No, not Bletchley, though I would love to go there. Her Royal Majesty The Queen should posthumously Knight Alan Turing at least OM (Honorary).

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Abbey Rd, thanks for the $200 amazon card that's very generous of you!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8673 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
The Imperial War Museum?

I toured that place the last time I was there, and it was fantastic.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
In the famous words of Maxwell Smart "Missed it by [•] that much."

So close, in fact, you may get an honorable "Mention in Dispatches."

Okay, sounds like you might be at the Pegasus Bridge Museum in Ranville, Normandy. Wink

Posts: 33040 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
In the famous words of Maxwell Smart "Missed it by [•] that much."

So close, in fact, you may get an honorable "Mention in Dispatches."

Okay, sounds like you might be at the Pegasus Bridge Museum in Ranville, Normandy. Wink

I am declaring RogueJSK the winner. I was on the opposite side of the canal which Major Howard needed to capture to claim "mission accomplished." I was eating dinner in a bar that opened the kitchen just to make me a baguette with toasted goat cheese.

In the last three days, I've been from the western end of Utah Beach to the eastern end of Sword Beach, seeing German batteries, Allied airborne landing areas and battle sites, museums, and the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach. Three days was nowhere near enough time, but I understand the larger and smaller battles better and was utterly smitten with the landscape and people.

I plan to full images for a long post this weekend.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Bump to notify RogueJSK of Amazon ecard

Nice is overrated

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the Karma, and the ecard with the great photo from your trip.

Posts: 33040 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post