SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need printer suggestions from the brain trust.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need printer suggestions from the brain trust. Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted
I've had good luck with Brother printers, but I'm not married to that brand.
I'd like to have a multifunction monochrome wireless laser printer/scanner that can print both sides. Having a fax function would be nice but not essential feature.
There are so many models and some are already discontinued so the review is worthless. The printing volume would be similar to a small office.
What brand and model do you like or hate?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with the Brother MFC-L2700DW.

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I bought a full duplex Hewlett-Packard color laser wireless for about $170. Works great; downside is toner is not cheap. However color laser is fast/terrific.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I bought a full duplex Hewlett-Packard color laser wireless for about $170. Works great; downside is toner is not cheap. However color laser is fast/terrific.

What model is that?

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
HP printers themselves are pretty nice.

But the drivers are junk anymore, and the ink/toner is a FORTUNE.

I'd look anywhere but there.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I have an HP office jet pro 8600 plus that I am extremely happy with. I am using it as a wireless printer and it has worked flawlessly as a printer, fax and scanner.

It also lets me print from my iPhones and iPads without problems.

Ok, now that I just described my inkjet printer (sorry), I'll add that my HP laserjet pro m201dw works as described above. It does two sided, even from the iPhone. It is also installed as wireless.

I'm not an HP fanboy, but these replaced canon products that would go offline, etc.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

What model is that?

HP color laser jet Pro M252DW

Anyone on the home wireless network and that includes cell phones can print to that printer. There are other wireless connection options but that's the easiest.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
One call to India for customer support ended my HP ownership. Canon printers are great and CS is here in the states.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
One call to India for customer support ended my HP ownership. Canon printers are great and CS is here in the states.

Same for me. I'd base my decision based on the honor cost.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I have the Brother HL-5470DW that I got a couple years ago...great printer.

B/W laserprinter, Duplex, Wireless, USB and ehternet

Not available any longer but these are. They seem to be int he same series as mine.

HL-5200DW

https://www.amazon.com/Brother...1&keywords=hl-5200DW

HL-6200DW

https://www.amazon.com/Brother...1&keywords=hl-6200DW

Compared...

http://www.brother-usa.com/Pri.../HLL5200dw_hll6200dw

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had an HP M276MW laserjet pro 200. It prints, scans, faxes, copies. It's been great, is fast, and the toner lasts a very long time. Very happy with it. Brothers seem to get the highest regard from forum members.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
I have a Canon Pixma series that I have a love/hate relationship with. I love some of the features for scanning, etc. But I absolutely hate the fact that if one of the color cartridges is empty it won't print in black & white even if you select the "black" button. Gotta have those #*&^% color cartridges even if you're trying to copy a black & white letter. Un-freakin-believable! (that I was stupid enough to buy it without researching customer non-friendly "features" such as this).

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
We've replaced all the printers in the office and at home with Canon copiers. At work I have one of the 2 color copiers (I have a MF8580CDW that's used for photos, or for advertising material; other's a MF8380CDW and is the color copier for the other side of the office); at home I have a Canon D1550.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have and love the Brother MFC-L2740DW

Toner is reasonable, duplex printing at 32 ppm, duplex scan with document feeder, Small touch screen interface, Wifi/wired LAN/USB/phone conections.

I have it wired into my router, and all the electronics and see/print to the device. And when I scan a document, I can select which device to send it to (or set up a cloud destination if I wanted).

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well, thanks to Gibb and the fact that Office Depot had a 2740 in stock, one just followed me home. Thanks guys

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Happy with my HP Officejet Pro 8610.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post