SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Friend dies during Texas Ironman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friend dies during Texas Ironman Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Sorry for this tragedy. Prayers.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5307 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Guy I worked with in great shape found unresponsive during the swim phase. If you are so persuaded, a prayer for his family, please.

Thanks,

RMD

RMD, I'm sorry for your loss and the pain and sadness his family and friends are feeling. I saw this on Ironma Texas' FB page. I did the same race last year and the swim can be little long. While warm water is welcome, a swimmer may not be able to cool off adequately. Not to be too morbid, but have they determined a cause?

ironman puts on a great race and they do things by the numbers. Like Jallen said, this is a race director's worst nightmare

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.

A good friend that I worked with and went through school with died recently. She was in great shape. Had done several marathons and was a daily runner. One day, after her run, she had returned home and was stretching out in her front yard when she fell over dead from a heart attack.

We can do all we can to stay healthy, but when your number is up....

Posts: 20565 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences. Prayers sent for your friend's family and his friends.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Prayer will be said for him and his family.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 2638 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

RMD

quote:
Not to be too morbid, but have they determined a cause?

ironman puts on a great race and they do things by the numbers. Like Jallen said, this is a race director's worst nightmare

Thank you all for your thought and wishes. I know his family appreciates them.

Russ:

I have not yet heard the Cause of Death. I know a post was planned.

Best,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Curious. Was this him?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...lete-dies-Texas.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Prayers have been offered.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2081 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post