SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Guitar…Sweetwater Delivers the Goods
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Guitar…Sweetwater Delivers the Goods Login/Join 
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted
It’s been thirty years and I’ve decided to pick up a guitar again. After careful consideration, I’ve decided to buy what I really want. Buy once, cry once.

Pictured below is my new Gibson SG Standard and Spark-40 practice amplifier.

I’m in guitar heaven right now, reacquainting myself with a fretboard.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I'm jonesin' for a cherry one.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I got a custom shop LP through Sweetwater and its been a great guitar to play, and the customer service has been great

Posts: 53206 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My first electric was a cherry single pickup SG in about 1966. It was around $100. I now own a 1962 cherry Les Paul Junior - which is a single pickup SG. I've never played it as I bought it as an investment. I play a 335 clone.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Playing and enjoying music is good for the soul. Learning something complicated is highly enjoyable as well. Developing a skill, priceless.

Congratulations on NGD!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
My brother had a Mahoghany SG for decades. He loved it! Congratulations - it looks great in black!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10709 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Most excellent! If you have any tuning stability issues like I do with my Les Paul, the String Butler actually does work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

Posts: 45382 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
First of all, love your choice! I’ve got a ‘61 SG Standard Reissue and it’s a great guitar. I have made many purchases through Sweetwater, including a Martin guitar and a Fender tube amp, so not just strings and picks. I’d would also encourage you and my friends here not to overlook Wildwood Guitars out of Louisville, Colorado. They have an outstanding inventory and will deal with you to get and keep your business. I bought my SG from them and got a very fair trade-in on a guitar I just never took to (I think that was from Sweetwater too). They’re a big enough retailer that they have guitars that are Wildwood Specials, ordered to their specs. I have a ‘59 Strat reissue that they specced out with CS single coils, that’s a great guitar. Have fun with that SG!

Posts: 13288 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice! Did you get a small pack of candy too?

Posts: 17900 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Nice! Did you get a small pack of candy too?

Yep! Including my favorite; Bit-O-Honey.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Happy NGD!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38698 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I think I've only bought about three new guitars in my life. The rest have been well used or partscasters. But it's never bad to buy a good one new that you'll never grow out of. I would think a new guitar coming from one climate to a very different one would take some breaking in. I bought a Charvel on eBay from Puerto Rico and it took six months to dry out in the AZ climate.

Posts: 3544 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I purchased a cherry red SG Standard from Sweetwater a few months ago. Excellent guitar and excellent service from Sweetwater!

Posts: 6627 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I’m digging that black & chrome combo.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
SGs are cool.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
Congratulations! I’m digging that black & chrome combo.

Agreed. My photo does not do it justice. Below is one of the photos of my guitar sent to me by Sweetwater.

I already have a black and chrome thing going on with my stereo and speakers, so it fits right in!

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Play some Black Sabbath!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38698 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Sweet SG! I like the color scheme.

Sweetwater rocks, my wife bought me a Strat for Christmas 2020, after a couple months I noticed the D string would make a *tink tink* sound while even just pulling off of it. I contacted Sweetwater, they said to take it to a local shop and they would reimburse me the cost to file out of the D string groove. I took it to a local Fender authorized tech and he said it needed a new nut. So he put the new real bone nut on, new strings and set it up even though it was only a couple months old.

I sent the receipt to Sweetwater and they credited me the entire receipt even after they would credit up to $75, that to me seemed like more than enough.

So I turned the credit around and applied it to a Gretsch 5422TDC, which showed up flawless.

Frickin' guitars are like guns, you can never own just one. Big Grin

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
For a big outfit, I was surprised to find they will negotiate on the price particularly on their more expensive guitars.

Posts: 17900 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post