SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am at a lost for words ... learned adult daughter needs a kidney
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am at a lost for words ... learned adult daughter needs a kidney Login/Join 
Banned for
showing his ass
posted
This morning learned my adult daughter needs to go onto the kidney transplant list. Lots of hurdles since none of us are vaccinated.

Both my daughter and I share the same blood type (A neg) and my wife is a universal donor.

Lots of problems: wife has health issues and I am three years into advanced prostate cancer (am high risk but been stable). I will be talking with my MO next month at my next appointment and next 6-month Lupron injection.

Appreciate all the love you can share as well as any suggestions for us both positive and negative. I want to learn all I can so we can gather the tools to deal with this.

I hesitate bothering you all with my problems, but decided to create this thread before I could talk myself out of it.

Thanks for listening ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Posting here is one way of dealing with the stress, trust me, I know. One way or another, this crew has your back.

I'm pulling for a positive outcome and the best medical care for your daughter AND you.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
She’s in my prayers. And you are too.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Posting here is one way of dealing with the stress, trust me, I know. One way or another, this crew has your back.

I'm pulling for a positive outcome and the best medical care for your daughter AND you.

Totally agree and well said.

Prayers for you all!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this OD! My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope you can find a good solution.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have a daughter with only one kidney, so I am hanging on to mine as a spare.

We're both A-

But, knowing that has been a thought holding place in the back of my mind for over 30 years.

You have my prayers that you can get it done without hassles.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Praying for a suitable donor, a smooth surgery, and a speedy recovery.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Will pray for a matching donor to be provided at the perfect time for your needs, and for grace, faith, and perseverance for your journey. May you both come out of this stronger in faith and body.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for all of you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so much for your thoughts, blessings, love and prayers. I means a lot to me.

I am glad especially now that she had moved back home with us with her new remote job. Easier to give her support rather being a few hundred miles away from us.

Hoping since we both have the same blood type I can be a donor. Will know more with time and appointments.

Thanks again to all of you !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Please reach out anytime, you have my phone number and email.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oh man, wish I had a wealth of great ideas to share. All I can do is send positive thoughts and best wishes.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Yours sounds like when it rains, it pours story. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Thanks David ... will do.

Rey, yeah, we also have a disabled* older daughter with us ... when it rains it does pour, on the positive side I live in the Pacific Northwest.

*Gross/fine motor, AA degree accounting, can not drive or ride a bicycle nor get a job. Cooks and able to care for self. Will get my retirement when I am gone.

Our glass is always more than half full.

The tough part is having spent the last 50+ years in volunteer search/rescue, Coast Guard and career as a LEO. Never gave much thought nor prepared myself to be on the other side of the coin.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for all of you.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Prayers for all your family.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
I have worked in the solid organ transplant world as a clinician for years (Donor Side). If you have any questions you want real "un-sugarcoated" answers to I would be happy to talk. My email is in my profile.

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for you both.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post