SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My friend of 45 years is gone.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My friend of 45 years is gone. Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted
Wayne Horne and I have been friends since we met in Cub Scouts. We finished our high school years at the same school, he was two years ahead of me. I really didn't fit in with my class so I usually hung out with Wayne and his friend Joe. The three amigos went everywhere together. We were always welcome at each others families homes, you were never sure where you would end up for dinner. Life and time have taken us in different directions be we always stayed in touch. About two years ago Wayne's health took a turn, his body just started a slow shut down. Two weeks ago they moved him to hospice. Last night Death came for him in his sleep, like Teddy Roosevelt otherwise it would have been a fight. I miss my friend and want him back but that is selfish, he is now at peace. I miss you brother and will see you on the other side.

Call your fiends and tell them you think about them for one day they will be gone.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so sorry to hear

friends like that are few and far between

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences

life long friends are few and far between

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, sounds like it was way too soon.

I believe no one is truly gone as long as there is someone remembering them.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Treasure the memories and celebrate his life.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear this. Peace to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My condolences. I hope you find calm and peace in the coming days.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The same happened to me a few weeks ago. I feel your pain.

Awake not woke

Posts: 569 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My condolences Frown

I lost one of my three best friends five years ago. And, yes: I do endeavor to spend as much time with my two remaining best friends as I possibly can.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
RIP Wayne and sorry to hear about your loss.

Like you, I cherish my life-long friends as well. There is a group of 6 of us who have been friends starting in kindergarten, grade school, and some since junior high.

We all went to high school together, most went to college together, and we still enjoy one anothers company. Time-frame wise the longest friendship has lasted 56 years to date.

I don't even want to think about what you are going through as so far we are all about 60 years old and hopefully still have many more years of friendship to come.

Prayers said and sent your way.

Posts: 3735 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
May his memory be a blessing.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Condolences. Remember the good times, it sounds like you'll have a lot of memories to cherish.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for the loss of your good friend.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss - nothing can take away the cherished memories of your past adventures together.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I didn’t know him as long but I had a friend that went from here, to health issue to gone in a matter of a few months. I looked at his last text to me the other day. It motivated me to check in with a few people.

Sorry your friend is gone.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to learn about your loss. I have a friend whom I've known since 1980 when we were young and dynamic. We've stayed in contact and have visited with each other over the decades. We went to a football game together two weekends ago. And chuckled at how we aged to be such dorks. I imagine when one of us passes, the other will be aggrieved for sure. It is an inevitable gate through which we all must pass.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 869 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post