Current or former military ... enjoy !
Civvies can enjoy too!

This is funny cause...it's pretty much truth:

NSFW - visual curse words written in text

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
April 08, 2017, 07:23 PM
Sig209
That is pretty funny. I got out before the proliferation of cell phones. I can only imagine.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
April 08, 2017, 07:27 PM
JR78
There's a lot of truth right there

April 08, 2017, 09:59 PM
10X-Shooter
We didn't have anything better than hard lines but those conversations (at very least) went on in different fashions. Brings back some memories nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.
April 08, 2017, 10:43 PM
sigmonkey
LOL

Delivery changes. The message? ...not so much.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
April 08, 2017, 11:37 PM
SeaCliff
Enjoyed, Thanks.
April 08, 2017, 11:38 PM
LS1 GTO
OMG - Laughing too hard to admit.

TG - I'm at 10+yrs since retirement.

Frown

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

April 09, 2017, 12:12 AM
newtoSig765
My college room mate's father was active USAF (USAAF) from about 1939 until about 1965, and told me that when he was assigned to SAC he had to have a cord on his phone long enough to reach into the bathroom. He said it rang when he was on the throne more than once.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
April 09, 2017, 01:13 AM
chongosuerte
I'm ignorant here...

This the "inactive reserve" callback?

I guess I always figured it never really happened.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
April 09, 2017, 01:16 AM
RogueJSK
In part of the video, he states he's on terminal leave.

Meaning he's active duty, but at the very end of his enlistment, and he's spending the last few days of leave he's accumulated, until he hits his official separation date.

Basically, the guy was on vacation and mere days from the end of his enlistment when he gets called back.

But yes, an inactive reserve callback can happen. There were more than a few guys with critical skills getting reactivated during the height of OIF/OEF.
April 09, 2017, 07:10 AM
pedropcola
lol
April 09, 2017, 07:15 AM
VBVAGUY
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I'm ignorant here...

They used the inactive reserves during the Gulf War. I was one of those people that just got out and received the letter to report to so and so Army post for processing and active duty. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."
April 09, 2017, 07:25 AM
ravens1775
That's pretty good.

I was already deployed when I was stop-lossed, but there were a few of those moments in my IRR years.
April 09, 2017, 08:00 AM
MikeinNC
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I'm ignorant here...

Yeah it fucking happens....

they got me for the freaking oil spill....I was waiting for my retirement letter from Commandant HQ and was supposed to retire in Aug...my phone rang at 0730, July the FOURTH!!!. My wife comes downstairs and sees me drinking a beer and her face kinda wrinkles up, I looked at her and said, "sit down, have a drink-you are going to need it".

They got me.

Some fucking LT was put in charge of sending reserves and he chose me -even after one of the staff told him I was retiring...I found that out later-mother fucker-I'm still mad about that shit....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
April 10, 2017, 04:09 PM
SgtGold
I'm on the train and people are looking at me like WTF!? Wink

Not only does the Army stop loss you with mere day left on your contract, but they dig deep when they have to. During the height of the OIF/OEF callups they started sending letters to IRR Soldiers telling them to find a unit, any unit, or face title 10 callup.

April 10, 2017, 08:38 PM
RHINOWSO
So glad I have my retirement papers!

Fuck that callback noise, find some other schmuck to fix your manning screw ups!
April 10, 2017, 08:44 PM
Gustofer
I was on leave and driving between Los Angeles and Montana when Panama happened. We had stopped at a motel in Dubois, Idaho for the night and had turned on the news. I saw what was happening and called in, to be told that I needed to get back ASAP.

That's how it happened in the tech-less days. Wink

April 10, 2017, 08:47 PM
sigmonkey

Yes.

Similar to my experience in late '83, but different.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
April 10, 2017, 09:43 PM
limblessbiff
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
That is pretty funny. I got out before the proliferation of cell phones. I can only imagine.

Oh you have no idea... we had a private who thought he was smart. Cancelled his phone and smashed it infront of the whole platoon. He has to sign in at cq every hour on the hour after work up until midnight every day 7 days a week until he got a new cell phone. He lasted less than a week
April 10, 2017, 09:58 PM
AirmanJeff
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

Oh you have no idea... we had a private who thought he was smart. Cancelled his phone and smashed it infront of the whole platoon. He has to sign in at cq every hour on the hour after work up until midnight every day 7 days a week until he got a new cell phone. He lasted less than a week

Government issued cell phone? If not, how can you require people to have a cell phone? I am glad I got out before this fuckery ensued.