SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USPS Informed Delivery: Not Getting Email Notifications Anymore
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Informed Delivery: Not Getting Email Notifications Anymore Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine works, but its wildly inaccurate. Delivery notifications are often 3 days late for packages.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16125 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Mine works fine, except that I no longer get texts when the carrier delivers Priority Mail or other mail that can be scanned. In the past when they scanned it "delivered", I used to get a text and I could go out and get it out of the mailbox. I don't know why that changed but it happened as of a few months ago.

Posts: 6634 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Mine works fine, except that I no longer get texts when the carrier delivers Priority Mail or other mail that can be scanned. In the past when they scanned it "delivered", I used to get a text and I could go out and get it out of the mailbox. I don't know why that changed but it happened as of a few months ago.

I have never received confirmation texts on delivery, unless I track the tracking number and then select text/email notifications. I have to do that for each piece of mail, if I want a confirmation text.

The Informed Delivery daily summary I still receive. I once asked our local Postmaster why all of our mail did not show in Informed Delivery. He told me that only items that are electronically scanned at the regional facility will show up in Informed Delivery.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10793 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Both of mine are working fine. I have one account for our street address and another for the business PO Box. Did anyone else notice that they removed the white woman from the informed delivery sign-in link screen but left the diverse one and her baby?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3465 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Mine works, but its wildly inaccurate.

Mine's mostly accurate, on most stuff.

The occasional package will be delivered the day after it shows as out for delivery on Informed Delivery.

And any piece of mail that comes from the federal government (most often the IRS) seems like its image appears in Informed Delivery the day it's mailed (processed through the initial USPS hub), not the day that it's being delivered. From what I've read online, that's a common experience. But it does suck that you don't know exactly when it's going to show up in your mailbox, and you get to spend 3-7 days wondering why exactly the IRS is mailing you...

Posts: 32558 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, perhaps "they" or "it" didn't appreciate me posting on the subject, so now, today, I didn't receive an email from Informed delivery at all.

It worked so well when I first got it and it has been only in the last couple of months that it started posting wrong info on what was coming.

I'm pretty disappointed, but I guess I can get by without it. I liked it and can only hope it'll get itself back together again and soon. But, if it doesn't, I expect I can survive without it, like I have for the past many years since I first started receiving mail.

Bob

Posts: 1583 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
I just got a notice from USPS that I need to re-register and pay $$ to continue mine.

Informed Delivery was and still is free...

My error.."Mail Forwarding" still costs money, forwarding your mail to new house from old house you moved from.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1382 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine’s still working. I did read a notice on the USPS website that indicates they list a maximum of 10 items in the informed delivery email and expect us to access the informed delivery dashboard on the USPS website if you want to see all items (if you have more than 10 in a day). Didn’t know that and didn’t check to see if that’s accurate, but that’s what it said.

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Mine works fine. You may try setting up an additional gmail.com address for the informed delivery only and changing the address with USPS. Just a SWAG.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I get one every day when I am actually getting a delivery and its fairly accurate

Posts: 53238 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get mine still

Oddly, and typical, after the Mail has been delivered each morning. Lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6237 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

I have never received confirmation texts on delivery, unless I track the tracking number and then select text/email notifications. I have to do that for each piece of mail, if I want a confirmation text.

The Informed Delivery daily summary I still receive. I once asked our local Postmaster why all of our mail did not show in Informed Delivery. He told me that only items that are electronically scanned at the regional facility will show up in Informed Delivery.

As a correction, I should have stated that it was Priority Mail or PACKAGES that can be scanned that would trigger a text to me that the item was delivered. This did not hold true for ordinary mail.

Also, when you don't get an e-mail, it means you are not getting any mail that is able to be scanned. You may still get a flyer or some other advertisement that does not go through the scanning process.

Posts: 6634 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yay! They sent it to me, today, just before the mailman arrived!

Boooo! It was just so wrong, none of the letters it claimed were coming arrived, though one of the three packages did. The other letters and packages? Who knows?

Bob

Posts: 1583 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Mine works fine. You may try setting up an additional gmail.com address ...
Not gonna happen.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:

Boooo! It was just so wrong, none of the letters it claimed were coming arrived, though one of the three packages did. The other letters and packages? Who knows?

Bob

Around 3 or 4 times a month mail that is clearly shown in the picture never arrives here.

Sometimes I find it stuffed into my security door by a good neighbor but other times it simply disappears, never to be seen again.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Bob

Around 3 or 4 times a month mail that is clearly shown in the picture never arrives here.

Sometimes I find it stuffed into my security door by a good neighbor but other times it simply disappears, never to be seen again.

Are you sure it isn't showing up a day later. Occasionally that happens. I am assuming that it happens because the carrier failed to deliver it because it might have been out of sequence in his letter mail.

posted Hide Post
Our Informed Delivery will just go tits up and quit working.

Have to log on, change a password and it revives it self.

Posts: 7023 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Bob

Are you sure it isn't showing up a day later. Occasionally that happens. I am assuming that it happens because the carrier failed to deliver it because it might have been out of sequence in his letter mail.

Definitely. The last was 1 bill from a Credit Card we have and 2 christmas cards from good friends of my wife.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post