SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cleaning SS vs Blued Guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning SS vs Blued Guns Login/Join 
and this little pig said:
posted
The thread about pistol cleaning has made me think of another scenario, stainless vs. blued guns......

I find myself spending more time (per pistol) on stainless ones. It seems to me I can see the crud better on the stainless guns and want to get rid of it! I'm not talking about harsh scrubbing, just making sure I eliminate what I see. In my case, I use Q-Tips and pipe cleaners to get into the nooks and crannies.

My question is: Is this more of an issue with me, or, do other shooters have the same issue?

Posts: 3406 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't see it as an "issue". You see dirt better against a white background than black. See dirt, want to clean it out. Nothing wrong with it. I'm the same way, and I rather enjoy doing it.

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Try mothers paste on those nasty cylinder rings on your stainless revolvers, and really makes all parts really clean.

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Try mothers paste on those nasty cylinder rings on your stainless revolvers, and really makes all parts really clean.

I have two SS revolvers, these are useful:

https://www.brownells.com/gun-...60-59702-124658.aspx

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’m with you, OP - it always seems easier to me to clean a stainless gun b/c the gunk is more easily observed.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6733 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post