SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Federal Taxes Owed Check Not Cashed - Yet. Anyone else?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal Taxes Owed Check Not Cashed - Yet. Anyone else? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Owed some Federal Taxes this year and sent in a personal check on 15 Apr. (yup, old school) along with all the requisite forms.

Typically the feds are pretty quick scanning and cashing the check but not this year (and as of this morning, not yet).

Anybody else mail in a payment and not seeing it deposited yet?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Mine was deposited already, but I have seen other checks sent to the IRS take months longer than expected as they've had an issue with mail piling up over the last 2 years.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15723 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Did you mail it with a return receipt to confirm they got it?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
As fucked up as the IRS is, paying on their website is easy Roll Eyes

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you mail it with a return receipt to confirm they got it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would not bother, generally waste of money. They can say the envelope was empty. People waste their money using the service. I am not keen on standing in line for a half hour to get some letter that I know is a hassle.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW my state and IRS checks just cleared this week. Much longer than usual. Don't worry they have received and cashed every check I have seen them over the years.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine the same day as you, two weeks later the govt had five grand more to give to Ukraine.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine on the 13th, they cashed it on the 20th or April.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I also mailed my return on April 15thand the check got cashed 2 weeks later.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
My federal checks cleared two days ago. State checks have not yet cleared. All were mailed on Apr. 18th.

Posts: 3545 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
My $203.00 check mailed on 4/18 has NOT been cashed as of the time stamp on this post.

Had the .gov NOT took it upon themselves to 'help' me the taxpayer by depositing funds in my checking account for the Child Tax Credit, I would have instead been due a refund of a few hundred dollars based on accurate withholding for my tax situation. As such, I would have filed my Federal Taxes electronically and already received my refund. Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8927 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The IRS cashed my check about a week after they received it.

I hope they spend it wisely.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I sent mine electronically. I hope they spent my taxes on something worthwhile.

Ha, ha. I slay myself.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
State and Feds both cashed my checks.

Posts: 6628 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'm set up with direct transfers, so they took their payment within two weeks of my electronic filing.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16527 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I file both Federal and State electronically and they efficiently took the funds out on April 18th

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14187 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine on the 18th and the check was cashed on May 3rd.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13405 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Paid electronically.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I mailed a check. It took uncle Sam about 30 seconds to cash it... I guess they needed to give it to a bunch of folks that dont work for a living.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine on the 15th as well, and it was just cashed yesterday.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1313 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post