SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bald Eagles Are Back. And They Want to Eat Your Pets.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bald Eagles Are Back. And They Want to Eat Your Pets. Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Looking at these predators, it does not take much imagination to see that these are truly descendants of dinosaurs.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15610 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
We live next to an 11 acre farm field where they only make hay and are a stone's throw from the resevoir for York, PA so we see bald eagles occasionally around here.

Last summer at twilight my wife was standing out back watching the deer in the farm field and she saw an eagle take a fawn from about 50 feet away. The eagle hit the fawn full force and killed it instantly. It was a little heartbreaking watching the doe chase the eagle off and try to get her fawn to stand up and leave.

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Last summer at twilight my wife was standing out back watching the deer in the farm field and she saw an eagle take a fawn from about 50 feet away. The eagle hit the fawn full force and killed it instantly.

If a bald eagle can kill a fawn, it could probably prey on even a large dog.

I watched a video once of hunting a wolf in an open field with trained golden eagles. Fell on it hard and broke its back, IIRC.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17467 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This thread led me down a hole.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20834 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neel:
I saw a road killed white tail the other day, she had 5 crows pecking on her. As I'm driving by all the crows take flight, a bald eagle lands.

It was funny, crows know better than to mess with a bald eagle.

Crows know better than to mess with automobiles. And they communicate it well. Cah, Cah, Cah. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^
Roll Eyes Go to your room. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also these majestic birds are not above scavenging deer carcasses or dead pigs that farmers toss in the local fields when the hog houses are cleaned out. I have seen ten to twelve of them in a field right after the spreader empties its' load from the confinement shed.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post