SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The NH Sig Sauer facility is incredible
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NH Sig Sauer facility is incredible Login/Join 
posted
A few weeks ago I stopped by what I thought was the Sig Sauer Proshop/Academy just to find out they built a brand new facility that opened last year. I took pictures of everything in the Sig Sauer museum and a couple of the pro shop. The museum is a little smaller than I thought it would be considering Sig Sauer's history (and they left out the SSG 3000 on their timeline... BASTARDS!). However there was an older Sig Sauer employee who seemingly hung around the museum to answer questions and talk about their history. It is a very nice touch. There's a state of the art indoor range with LCD panels to present distances, etc. And standing in the registration area for the range I could barely hear the gunfire due to the acoustic design. The pro shop is packed full of Sig Sauer products and gear. It's overwhelming when you're there because it feels like they have every single aspect of shooting covered. If you're ever in the area I highly recommend swinging by. I don't think there's anything else like it.

I did my best to get focused pictures so you can click on the picture and zoom in if you want to read the plaques.

Without further ado...

Posts: 818 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the amazing pictures!! I need to make a trip up there myself.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very nice, thank you.

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
SIGaholic's dream. I'm surprised they didn't receive serial # 555001 from the Vonbank collection.

Q

Posts: 26426 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Wow very nice, thanks!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP is a cool cat for posting!

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen their new facility but the last class I took up there was a few years ago and was impressed with them then. Classy operation they run, their instructors were top notch and beautiful facilities….plus, if your in a class you get a discount in the pro shop with any purchase…that’s when I got my P229 Legion.
The entire town supports Sig…I went to grab a quick sandwhich at the local Sub-way sandwhich shop and they asked if I was in a class at Sig Academy…and promptly gave me a discount! Also got a discount at the place I stayed for two nights for the same reason……the whole town knows Sig brings a lot of business to the area and supports it….very nice touch!

Posts: 3120 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thanks for posting.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is always cool to see and I imagine even better in person. Thanks for the pics.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I need to head over there one of these days when I've got some time to kill. I haven't been out to SIG Academy since they opened they SIG Experience Center. I'm kinda' spoiled as it's only a half hour away... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8922 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm local to the area, it is a beautiful facility and I too wish the museum was more comprehensive. They also didn't do a great job with display guns- none of the older pistols are era correct- not a folded slide in sight on the 80s/90s gun milestones.

Posts: 2196 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
It’s been a great place to shoot all winter. The range is top notch. Everyone who works there has been amazing. The RSOs are very knowledgeable and very friendly. Only downside has been that I have gone through a lot of ammo.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2388 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
They also didn't do a great job with display guns- none of the older pistols are era correct- not a folded slide in sight on the 80s/90s gun milestones.

Based on Hildur's pics, you are right about the 1975 P220 and the 1980s Navy SEAL P226. I can't believe they hang a milled slide P220 and the current production MK25 on there. Really stupid. Roll Eyes

But the P225 and the P228/M11 are correct, though. The P225 is no doubt the original folded slide gun. The M11 I thought it was the M11-A1 at first. But, looking at it closely on full magnification, I think you can see the separate breech block on top.

Q

Posts: 26426 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sweet, thanks for posting.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post