SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Want a Ducati
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Want a Ducati Login/Join 
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted
I have wanted a sport bike since I sold my last one in 1998. I have ridden many over the years, but my family situation prevented it. Well, here we are in 2023, I am 52, relatively recently single, the kids are grown and out of college, I have no debt and more life insurance that I need. There is no financial barrier - I can pay cash if I want but they are offering 36 months for 4.99%. I have to make that decision.

I just looked at a 2023 Ducati Pangagale V2. $20k out the door. I will need all the gear so add another $2k - Helmet, 2 piece leathers, gloves, and boot

What am I missing? Why shouldn't I pull the trigger? What are your thoughts?

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

I've always liked the Monster, but have never ridden a Duc.

Hopefully rainman chimes in, as I think he's had a few.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15394 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Yes, do it. I’ve always wanted one, never mind the fact that motorcycles scared the you know what out of me. Ducatis are just so sexy looking.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Beautiful motorcycle! If a track/sport bike is what you want that'll sure make a nice one.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... Like a BMW. But Italian. Make sure you are mentally prepared when you learn what your dealers hourly shop rate is!
Ducks are cool and have a great sound!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I would spend your money.

I took a 12yr hiatus between the ages of 35 and 47, after two bad back to back motorcycle accidents.

I noticed in my 12yr absence, cell phone use had completely changed the dynamics of the vehicular environment.

You didn't say what type of riding you did previously, but that is a very impressive machine. Ride with a soft throttle hand until you are familiar with not only the bike, but the idiot drivers around you.

Keep us posted...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Isn’t it “I want a DU-FUCKIN’-CATI!”?

Pourquoi pas putain?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I won’t try to talk you out of it. Big Grin Ducati is riding high right now having won championships in World Superbike and MotoGP. Right now is a good time to be a Ducati fan.

If you fancy 90° twin sport bikes the Panigale is the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last motorcycle was a 2012 Kawasaki KLR650. I sold it in 2018 before we moved fro San Antonio to the Atlanta Metro area.

We waved to North Dallas in 2020 and July last year, at 59 yrs old, I bought a 2022 Yamaha MT-09.

I ride it everyday unless it is raining. We had a few single-digit temp days earlier this year and I still rode.

I have about 4,000 miles on it now and am loving it.

I turned 60 in early January and intend to ride as long as I can.

Posts: 1076 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I am 50 and had a few thoughts if I found myself newly single I’d want a Ducati too! I say go for it - we aren’t getting any younger. Post it up when you get it.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1646 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do it while you still can.

Posts: 3933 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Hell, yes~ do it. But I’d recommend considering the MSF course as a refresher since it’s been so long.

I also have always wanted a Monster. Maybe someday.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Me too, I recommend this one...The Ducati 1198s Cool

Also available in black...Decisions, decisions Razz

The last of the pre-Panigale era Superbikes and the ultimate Ducati IMO...And you can find them used for a little as $9K! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8962 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get it. You won’t regret getting a Duck. I miss mine immensely. I currently have a Triumph. It has been a great motorcycle but, it doesn’t have the “soul” of a Ducati. Yes they cost more usually. Yes they are maintenance and labor intensive. But………………… it’s a Ducati.

Posts: 4069 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im a big fan of buying used and saving half… and Honda. But I get the Ducati thing.

Peter

Posts: 95 | Location: Chesapeake, VA | Registered: September 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First buy a motorcycle, if you don't have one you should. Second buy a motorcycle that you love and will use for enjoyment. Which one is that? I don't know. What would you like to do with it? There are so many great sportbikes that it matters a bit on which set of things are important to you.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11020 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Or, go big & find a Desmosedici RR Cool
Only a cool $75k when new
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducati_Desmosedici_RR

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15394 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
What am I missing?

Budget for tires.
Budget for service if you don't do it yourself.

Armor?
Additional gear for hot weather and rain?
Cheap(er) aftermarket body parts for track days?

Enjoy the bike.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I found this pic of my 1997 Duc taken in the driveway probably in 1998 or 99.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I would look for a 748 or 900ss used scratche the itch but not a big investment.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3697 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post