SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thoughts on this car camera
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on this car camera Login/Join 
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted
https://www.amazon.com/Levin-D...&keywords=car+camera

Can I get your thoughts on this camera? I bought a car today and decided to outfit it with a camera as well. I know there have been a lot of threads on this subject in the past but I'd like feedback on this one. What do you think?

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Before we help you decide, we first have to know what car you bought. Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
Fair enough! Volvo S60.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fau:
Fair enough! Volvo S60.
What color?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I'd say that's not very many reviews. and this may be double the price but it's got thousands of good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/V1-Dash...id=1491702756&sr=1-1

Posts: 8178 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Volvo S60.

That's a pretty car!

Since you didn't say what color, I went with my choice....<red>

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^^^ A NSW plate - it's an Aussie car!
That red Vovo ... look's great in that color!

For the OP - I have the Rexing V1; it's not too bad during the day, but night time is somewhat lacking.
For what you pay, it's worth the $99.

Rexing also have the V1 with a rear camera, for another $50.

The mounts attaches to the windshield with a double sided pad - hook and loop fasteners ... easy to remove the unit from the mount.

You'll need to buy a 64Gb microSD card - the Samsung or SANDisk work well. 3 minute loop recording; press a button on the unit to keep a loop form being overwritten. The loop length of time can be adjusted.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That is one sexy car. Looks fast, too. Make sure you get a radar detector! lol

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think you should be clearer that you are talking about a dash cam, not a backup/rear view camera which is what I thought glancing at thread title.

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post