SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "L.S.M.F.T." OK let’s have some fun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"L.S.M.F.T." OK let’s have some fun Login/Join 
Picture of redleg2/9
posted
“L.S.M.F.T.” This was the tag in a popular commercial that was pulled from TV April 1, 1970.

Do a quick search and I am sure you will find it and why it was pulled.

Now, for everyone born after 1965 – a random cutoff date – what was the meaning of L.S.M.F.T. to male teenagers in the late 50’s, early 60’s?

I ask that my fellow older, now mature, members just sit back, look at the answers, and egg then on. Smile

You boulder members have a little fun - remember this as part of a garment description back then?

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2277 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco! How it may have been twisted, I'll wait for that answer...

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco! How it may have been twisted, I'll wait for that answer...

Beat me to it! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officers smoked Luckies, enlisted smoked Raleighs.

Posts: 17280 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Beat me to it! Big Grin

I don't smoke, but I keep a pack of Lucky Strikes in the house for medicinal purposes. Like celebrating winning on January 20, 2017. Smile

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- First time I heard this was from a girl who worked in Marketing at Brown and Williamson Big Grin

Posts: 1363 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I knew the true meaning (for the cigarettes) because both my parents smoked Luckies for years. I hated it, can't stand the smell of tobacco smoke.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There was a time when it was corrupted to mean "Lord, save me from Truman".

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
"Let's Screw, My Finger's Tired."

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
The Truman was way before and the second is modern ghetto.

The period of this saying basically ended with the beginning of the hippie era. (How and why for a bonus 10 points.)

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2277 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My dad grew up in that era. He said:

Loose
Suspenders
Mean
Falling
Trousers

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
In Jr. HS it was:

"Loose Sweaters Mean Floppy Tits"

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
loose straps...

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
loose straps...

Yup, that's the way I learned it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
LSMFT was about Luckies? I always thought it was about tits.

I was a Camel smoker.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So, you’re walking along with your friend and there’s an empty pack of Luckies on the ground...now what?

Posts: 13301 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
"Let's Screw, My Finger's Tired."

James, my good man, you owe me a roll of paper towels after that one... Spit soup all over the kitchen. Big Grin

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
They fit so well in the rolled up sleeve of a T-Shirt. A pack of Luckies, a tank full of gas, and $5.00 in my pocket on Saturday night, it doesn't get much better..

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone remember when Lucky Strike went "green"?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post