SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shedding season Karma, a Furminator for your dog or cat. KZ1000 is the winner, thanks all.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shedding season Karma, a Furminator for your dog or cat. KZ1000 is the winner, thanks all. Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Please don't include me. We have two, and they are great. My cat loves it when she's Furminated.

I looked up their patent a while back. Their trick is that the blades aren't actually sharp, they are just metal plates with tiny grooves the right shape/size to loosely latch onto hair shafts. Hair not shed stays put, but the shed hair comes along with the blade. Very ingenious, and very effective. Smile

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Jake the Dog is a border collie/lab mix and sheds like crazy! Jake and I both give a big thanks to Jeff for the opportunity.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24644 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Here's my urban camo fur factory. (careful, he's crazy!)

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
There were: 23 people entered in the Karma

The winner is: kz1000

Congratulations to KZ1000, email on the way.

Thanks all!

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Congrats KZ, and thanks for being so generous Jeff!

I've used a furminator for my cat for the past 5 years and it does wonders. Only trouble is trying to coax her off my lap when I'm done

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff! Email sent, the little bastard creates a whole other cat when he sheds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chp37
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, KZ.
And-Jeff, Thank you very much for the product recommendation. I have been using a curry brush, and various other tools on Stash- a Pointer/Spaniel rescue but the hair has been really tough to deal with.
I got a Furminator today and it is incredible. My lawn is now white fur. Stash even seems happy with it as I was very gentle and still got great results.

Posts: 586 | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
It was delivered yesterday. This thing works great! First use, I had enough cat hair to make a spare Big Grin.

Thanks Jeff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Glad it arrived, thanks for letting me know. They really do work as advertised.

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post