SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RETIRED!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RETIRED!!! Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
My last day was this past Friday.

Although I still feel 50, the planets have now aligned ("magic number" of 75 combining age 65 plus 10 years of service) so I can retire from my current law enforcement agency. It turns out that with my pension, Social Security, and other retirement plans from companies in the private sector kicking in, I'll be making almost as much retired as I was when I was working.

I'm going back to Dallas PD, where I spent 23 years in the reserve unit, and go back and work three or four days a month (all volunteer) to keep my certification and help out. I might work the streets a little, but would like to work an investigative division, too.

My wife and I are healthy and going to travel and do all of the stuff we couldn't while I was working. We might slow down a little in 20 years or so!

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I retired with 80 and out four years ago and I start drawing Social Security in May.

Hope you enjoy your retirement.

Posts: 833 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Posts: 774 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Retirement!

Trust me, you'll wonder how you found time to work.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Enjoy your retirement.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Enjoy your retirement and make the most of it!

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I hit 30 years next year and am looking forward to turning it all over to be someone else’s problem.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10956 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I waited 10 years
for this
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 133 | Location: nebraska | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your traveling!

Posts: 851 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! And, thanks for keeping your feet in the water as a Reserve (you might not realize the "informal authority" you can carry from younger officers' perspectives.)

Posts: 2471 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Enjoy your part time status and travel!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38721 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
JEALOUS!!!

And of course, congratulations.
I like to see people get out of the rat race before it kills or cripples them.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Two years now being retired and I am enjoying it very much. Have fun you earned it.

Posts: 5699 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your retirement.

I have the utmost respect for you to volunteer.

I hear good things about the new Chief.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Congrats sir ! I retired from law enforcement a few years ago shy of four decades under my belt. As other said, you will wonder how you found time to work. I am busier now in retirement than I was working. My wife of 37 years is happier now that I am finally getting caught up with decades of home projects. Enjoy, well earned !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I still have 25+ years to go.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20841 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! Enjoy your retirement.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your retirement.

Posts: 53228 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Way to go! Enjoy yourself.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I retired about 3-1/2 years ago. Happy as a clam and having no trouble keeping my time as occupied as I want--which is sometimes not at all

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post