SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looters in Academy Sports, Orlando in standoff w/ SWAT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looters in Academy Sports, Orlando in standoff w/ SWAT Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Won't end well...

ORLANDO — A SWAT operation was reportedly underway in Orange County Sunday as looters were attempting to steal guns from a sporting goods store.

According to local media, the standoff was ongoing at the ‘Academy Sports’ store as Hurricane Irma moved through the area. The scene is at 3557 Gardens Ridge Way—-near the Mall at Millenia.

http://breaking911.com/breakin...-loaded-stolen-guns/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they are felons so they can all go for a 20 year ride to prison. Assholes.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What a shit show. You guys in law enforcement have way bigger balls then I. To be in a standoff in a friggin hurricane.

Reason 87 why I'm not a cop.

"You see sparky I am getting wet and the minute the wind starts blowing out here there standoff is over if you know what I mean."

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Looters need to be shot. Save the taxpayers money.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
Hopefully they are felons so they can all go for a 20 year ride to prison. Assholes.
Very sad statement.
You are indicating.
1. Previous felony.
2. Looting during a weather emergency.
3. Stand-off with Police.

If all they would get is 20 years, I am hoping they leave the store horizontal and room temperature.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Steamroll with extreme fucking prejudice. Set an example.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... remind me not to bitch next time i have a armed/barricaded subject....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Bury the scum.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Kill 'em DRT.

They are not stealing food, or drink.

They are looting and attempting to steal weapons and for no good outcome to decent people.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43909 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I hope every single looter there is shot and killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Bring the building down and blame it on Irma.

They're insured I'm sure.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I think they need a gift from a robot - Dallas PD style.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, I was expressing my rage regarding looters during times of catastrophes on this very forum. Then, another member posted, "Fuck you, synthplayer, I'll take what I need for my family in a time of crisis." Man, I laughed so hard at that poor schlub's post.

* He's never met me
* He doesn't even know what the definition of a looter is
* In my post, I showed video of folks taking televisions from stores during the Rodney King riots in L.A.

I didn't respond - I figured the guy's beyond reason. But, on the books of almost all jurisdictions, summary execution is the prescribed treatment of looters.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10707 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That situation needs to be brought to a close quickly.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Well at least Academy previously pulled all their Modern Sporting Rifles....

Posts: 2522 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
There is scavenging for needed supplies. Food, water, Medicine, clothing etc. in an emergency I do not see that as looting (assuming you are not taking from another by force).

TVs, cars, guns, jewelry etc etc. should be shot on spot.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
They gassed em and locked em up.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Possible explanations for this:

-they filled out the 4473 and were waiting for the store to open back up
-they were going to use the guns to hunt for food for themselves, their family and the rest of the village

Big Grin

Posts: 13132 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Not wanting to be accused of profiling, but do you all see any Anglo's in there getting that loot?

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Of course not. Whitey is making all the black folk go out and loot for him.

White privilege and all.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43909 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post