SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Power Steering Issues!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Power Steering Issues! Login/Join 
posted
The mighty Honda has fallen ill with what appears to be a bad PS pump (possible cracked housing). I noticed some "dots" on my driveway and sure enough could see that the pump was "wet". I replaced the hose about a year ago but took it back to that shop just in case and they checked hose then showed me the pump while the car was on a lift and there was no denying it.

Because it is a royal ass pain to change w/o a lift I am having them do it but they told me to buy part myself as it will save me a few bucks which i thought was cool of them.

Only question if who do we like for remanufactured parts? I know Cardone has a shitty rep on rebuilds but not sure how they are on new. Other choices are NAPA and whatever O'Reilly stocks (they told me to avoid Autozone)

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably OEM

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Probably OEM

Issue is that OEM is about $500 and I just dont have/want to invent that much in a car that will only be around for anther year or two

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drove my Honda for another year with the same problem. It made lots of noise when it needed fluid and I went through several cans. I eventually sold the car.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drove a care for several years with the same problem

I just bought a couple are large bottles of fluid and refiled it regularly.

$6.00 a half gallon

My wife would never put up with stuff on the driveway. I was single then.

You can put cardboard down to catch the drips.

I drove it until it needed filling everyday day and then replaced it.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post