SIGforum
Ghost Rider or things you don't see, a motorcycle, on fire, driving in circles

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4150048994

April 03, 2023, 03:16 PM
HRK
Ghost Rider or things you don't see, a motorcycle, on fire, driving in circles
Looks like someone's Harley caught on fire and it was left in gear, the starter engages in the fire and that causes it to circle around and around leaving a Ghost Rider flame stripe, those HD jiffy stands are pretty stout.

https://i.imgur.com/TF1i7ze.mp4
April 03, 2023, 03:29 PM
Il Cattivo
Yyyyeeppppp, downtown Menlo Park, CA. And people say I'm crazy because I'm convinced that all the dead Indians on the Peninsula are still pissed off.
April 03, 2023, 03:34 PM
Rightwire
I admit I've never seen a motorcycle do that before. Clearly the starter shorted out and it was in gear.

I have had a burning car run away from me before. Imagine my surprise as I bled off the air turned the nozzle on the car and watched it drive away, right down a hill.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
April 03, 2023, 03:55 PM
tatortodd
Sucks for the owner, but that was quite the sight.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
April 03, 2023, 03:56 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Looks like someone's Harley caught on fire and it was left in gear, the starter engages in the fire and that causes it to circle around and around leaving a Ghost Rider flame stripe, those HD jiffy stands are pretty stout.
Apparently, so is the engine!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
April 03, 2023, 04:59 PM
kkina
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Yyyyeeppppp, downtown Menlo Park, CA. And people say I'm crazy because I'm convinced that all the dead Indians on the Peninsula are still pissed off.

Where'd you get that? I'm seeing Manning, SC??

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
April 03, 2023, 05:01 PM
abnmacv
Had to be one of the strangest motor cycle videos ever.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member
April 03, 2023, 05:23 PM
patw
That's some next level stuff
April 03, 2023, 05:33 PM
darthfuster
Negative, Ghost rider, the pattern is full….

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
April 03, 2023, 05:58 PM
Ripley

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
April 04, 2023, 01:01 AM
Citadel
Johnny?
April 04, 2023, 09:27 AM
scot818

April 04, 2023, 10:20 AM
sig sailor
I guess it was alright, but if that had been my red car I would have backed it up some!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.
April 04, 2023, 11:00 AM
Expert308
I bet the bike's owner was pissed when he came out...
April 04, 2023, 11:48 AM
kkina

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
April 04, 2023, 12:09 PM
Il Cattivo
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Where'd you get that? I'm seeing Manning, SC??

I could be mistaken, but sure looks like downtown Menlo Park to me and there is a Goldy's there.
April 04, 2023, 12:15 PM
kkina
Fair assumption, but tracking down the address brought me to Manning, SC...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
April 04, 2023, 12:18 PM
HRK
Yeah can't be Menlo Park, gas vehicles are probably banned in that part of the bay area, it would have been an electrical fire from a Zero or Livewire Razz

Good catch on the address!
April 04, 2023, 12:21 PM
Il Cattivo
^^ Ah, OK, I see. It would be a stretch to think the same dates were on a sign on the other side of the country.

I'm afraid I let a personal prejudice run away with me. I really am convinced that all of the dead Indians on the Peninsula are still pissed, and reading Washington Irving's "Astoria" didn't help.
April 05, 2023, 06:49 PM
SIGWALLY
I have to admit, some of the weirdest assed shit I've ever seen in my life I have seen here on Sigforum. Keep up the good work!