SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buried my Brother last month, 40 years Old.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buried my Brother last month, 40 years Old. Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Loving tribute to your brother... God bless and peace be with the family. .................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2023 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

That was a nice tribute to your brother.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16409 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
May Matt Rest In Peace.

Respects to you, your brother and family.

Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7180 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Once again, words fail. Matt was a handsome man who apparently gave much and asked for little. Hope you’re doing ok

Posts: 13301 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
This will be especially hard on your mother so spend quality time with her.

I lost my brother at age 40 due to a bad automobile accident. My mother never got over it and the stress caused cancer at age 81. All her brothers and sisters lived to the mid 90's or older.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
My Ma is taking it the hardest for sure. I'm at peace with it. She just got in town to visit so I think that helps her too. But it does seem like something that will never heal.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6983 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to hear this. I hope your brother has found peace.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post

My grandpa Bill and his ring. He served WW2 at Leyte. He had a photo album we weren't allowed to ask him about but my Ma showed us every page we could stand. Pretty much him posing with severed Jap heads one way or another. Lotta dead body kinda stuff with him smoking a cig.

Not a nice guy, but would let me and my bro eat his donuts. That was something special. We'd walk past his fixed position at the head of the table and he'd snatch my arm and squeeze it hard and say, "BOY, I outta rip your arm off and beat you with it." I'd giggle terrified and he'd let me pass and get one of his donuts.

Hard man, Diesel mechanic. His "garage" was twice the size of his home.

"They" tell me he was a boxing champ in the Army and he had a 10 inch pecker. I was always good at punching others, I'm just super average otherwise.

He died from Emphysema. Never put down the Marlboro Reds. Died on that couch having pissed himself over and over. Not proud to say it just relaying the truth.

The guy in the red is Matt. The guy in the blue is me. Bill had a M1 carbine machine gun. He let me shoot his revolver into the air one day sometime before this pic. First real trigger squeeze for me.

Had 3 deer mounts in his office. I loved it there more than anything. He would chew my ass if I went out into his garage.

Anyway Me and Matt were attached. Bill didn't take pictures in general. But we were his favorite kids to threaten.

Bet your ass the 15 hour van ride it took us to get to Indy, we not only beat each other's asses 20 times but my Ma pulled the van over to introduce things like hair brushes, wooden spoons, and whatever other manner of abusive implement was in reach to kick our asses. We earned it. Big Grin

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6983 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Nice tribute Pete.
I still got your number, if it is the same, and if you got mine, call anytime.

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post