SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to prevent mold/bacteria growth in AC drains and condensate pump?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to prevent mold/bacteria growth in AC drains and condensate pump? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
usually like Mayish and Augustish

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hmmmm. I see you speak California. lol

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

The "-ish" suffix has nothing to do with California. It's just a simple way to append a word to denote an approximation. Much like a tilde before a number (~6 means "around six", as opposed to "exactly six"), though you can also use -ish with numbers (sixish also meaning "around six").

The point is, it's not like I mark it on the calendar to do on a specific appointed date.

It's just something I do twice a year in roughly late spring and late summer, whenever the mood strikes me.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Thank for the info, had old oil furnace replaced two years ago with new heat/air pump and was unaware of need for this maintenance.

Just finished cleaning the small holding tank and added white distilled vinegar and yes, there was a need for it. I will add every three months when filter is changed.
Thanks to the OP and everyone for the recommendations.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

It is so dry here, the AC only produces condensate for 2-3 months of the year. During that time, I inject bleach into the drain line, through the vent pipe.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post