SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A.J. Foyt attacked by killer bees! Again!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A.J. Foyt attacked by killer bees! Again! Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Not once but twice Foyt has been attacked by killer bees and has lived to talk about it. A.J. is a throw back kind of like Earnhardt Sr was. Men among men. I remember some years back Steven Tyler did the National Anthem at the Indy 500 where A.J. was in attendance. Tyler completely butchered the song I mean it was nasty! After he was done the camera panned to A.J. for just a second but long enough to where you could see him turn to the person next to him and say "What the fuck was that"? Hilarious!

Killer bees attack A.J. Foyt

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8549 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
What goes around comes around...sometimes.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8388 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
A.J. is a big guy and can be an asshole. At the Pocono 500 in 1972 he picked up a USAC volunteer and threw him to the ground when the person was only doing his job. He got a real chewing out by the officials and almost got thrown out of the race.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Not once but twice Foyt has been attacked by killer bees and has lived to talk about it. A.J. is a throw back kind of like Earnhardt Sr was. Men among men. I remember some years back Steven Tyler did the National Anthem at the Indy 500 where A.J. was in attendance. Tyler completely butchered the song I mean it was nasty! After he was done the camera panned to A.J. for just a second but long enough to where you could see him turn to the person next to him and say "What the fuck was that"? Hilarious!

Killer bees attack A.J. Foyt

Dale Earnhart SR. was still in diapers when Foyt was out winning races. Smile

Posts: 9604 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
More like a Junior Johnson than Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Dale Earnhart SR. was still in diapers when Foyt was out winning races. Smile

Only 16 years difference in age.

While that used to sound like a lot, now that I'm firmly in my 60's not so much.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4135 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I like AJ, a real American legend!
Fewer and fewer are left. Sad!

Posts: 4649 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Him and Parnelli Jones. You can add Dan Gurney, Jim Hall (Chaparral Cars) and Mario. Also can't forget the Unser brothers

Posts: 245 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I like AJ, warts and all, and wish him a speedy recovery.

Is Texas full of killer bees?

We've got a good selection of badass wasps, hornets and bees in s Indiana but they haven't learned to mass attack for fun as a rule. I've heard of swarms but never known of one first hand. A damned sweat bee causes me to puff up and the last real sting I got I had to get a shot.

Posts: 4716 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post