SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Connecticut Trooper charged for shooting armed suspect
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Connecticut Trooper charged for shooting armed suspect Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Let’s say the trooper doesn’t fire at that moment and this piece of shit that has already committed felonies that endangered the lives of innocent people drops the car into gear and guns it, managing to escape the cordon of vehicles around him. It happens all the time- the chase is back on.

Then let’s say said piece of shit plows into your wife’s/girlfriends/child’s car as he blows through a red light. Feel any differently about the shoot now? I’ll bet so.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good shoot. He could have been behind the wheel with his window up holding a box of crackerjacks and the shoot would have been just as good. The vehicle is deadlier than any weapon he could have been holding in the car and he demonstrated he was willing to use it. It's not the police's job to sit there and wait for him until he's ready get out of the car. He was a threat to everyone around him and the police stopped that threat. Adios motherfucker.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the long view, the trooper put an end to any future criminal activity, saving the state money. I just know I could not do your job.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Big Grin

I toss a little bait in now and again to see if anyone actually reads my posts...

You, sir, are at the top of my do not ignore list.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Let’s say the trooper doesn’t fire at that moment and this piece of shit that has already committed felonies that endangered the lives of innocent people drops the car into gear and guns it, managing to escape the cordon of vehicles around him. It happens all the time- the chase is back on.

Then let’s say said piece of shit plows into your wife’s/girlfriends/child’s car as he blows through a red light. Feel any differently about the shoot now? I’ll bet so.
It does happen. It happened to the daughter of a guy I knew. The daughter was an honor student in nursing school. She and a friend were on their way back home from a late movie. Drug dealer was trying to evade the cops in a high speed chase, drug dealer rammed the girls' car at 70 mph, pinning the car against a large tree and killing the students.

If the cops had taken the guy out of action earlier, when they had the chance, the girl would likely be alive today, and her Dad would not have died heartbroken, within a year or two.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30716 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
This is a case about options. Was one of the options open to the officer in this situation the use of deadly force? It's 100% clear that it was based on training, Conn. law, and SCOTUS case law. Were non-lethal options potentially available, sure, but IF lethal force was an legal option available to the officer, the fact that you dear reader would personally not have chose it means (literally) nothing. That's your choice (and personally one that I might have made in that circumstance and personally made in a situation where lethal force was an option for me). But so what? My choices are my own, to live or die with. That officer's choice to use lethal force WAS LEGAL. PERIOD.

If you don't like the fact that this was a choice the officer could have made then please consider joining my Kickstarter for Star Trek Phaser That Stuns With Zero Side Effects Everytime at the low entry level of 1 million dollars. All I need is a few million readers to back me at that level and I'll get this to you in a reasonable time. Promise. Or some other option because until this technology is real, there is nothing to solve this problem other than joining my Kickstart for Making Humans Act More Responsibly Than They Do Now at the low entry level of 10 million and requiring 100 million backers.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Were non-lethal options potentially available, sure

Actually, LTL / non-lethal force was attempted (Tazer), but was either unsuccessful or ineffective in 'ending the threat'...Trooper North 'ended' the threat!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8947 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Were non-lethal options potentially available, sure

Actually, LTL / non-lethal force was attempted (Tazer), but was either unsuccessful or ineffective in 'ending the threat'...Trooper North 'ended' the threat!

I am aware of that, but my point (or rather some other dear reader's point that I was addressing) is that someone could say: use another Tazer or some other less lethal option. To be clear, I'm fine with what this trooper did and I'm confident that he'll be exhonerated. It's a crime that the prosecutor can't stand up and say this to the community and chooses instead to ruin the trooper's life (more than the offender did already) by making the clearly legally unwarranted choice.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Maybe, just maybe if Mubarak wasn't a criminal piece of shit, out car jacking people, none of this would have happened at all... Wink

You’re not wrong there. Wink

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post