SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like seafood is the thing for Christmas Hereabouts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like seafood is the thing for Christmas Hereabouts Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
They are lined up at the local seafood market

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I dearly love seafood of all types, but there is no chance of me standing in a line like that for it. None!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Those people are freaking crazy, standing out in a brutal 65F...

Windchill, must put it somewhere damn near 64!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44456 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
The lines there are much worse on New Years. They hire off-duty deputies to prevent fish riots.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't be having seafood for Christmas, but am currently preparing seafood gumbo for Christmas Eve!!!

Posts: 6709 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Huh.

I just ran down to the local Co-op, in and out with a bag of live lobsters in about 5 minutes.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15488 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I dearly love seafood of all types, but there is no chance of me standing in a line like that for it. None!

Jim

Yep. I don’t stand in lines like that. I’ll hit nasty McDonalds before I’d wait that long.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
BBQ salmon is our favorite meal for holidays. But I wouldn't wait in line for it.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out West, Dungenous crab season recently opened.

We had early Christmas dinner on Sunday, prime rib with crab salad.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear the line moves pretty fast.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Crab? Sorry--for me, "seafood" has fins.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christmas Eve dinner for us is stone crab and shrimp. And to help wash it down, a nice bubbly and a dry riesling from Alsace are also on the table.

Posts: 828 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
WOW! Glad I went by there last week after I went to see my Doctor.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG. Joe Patti. Whenever we visit my wife’s family in Pensacola (Milton actually) we go to Joe Patti and load up on all kinds of fresh seafood and her uncle has the best southern fish fry with all the friends and family in his outdoor kitchen. He has a riverfront house on the black water river. I just showed her this picture and she got a huge smile. Thank you.

We just had our first Dungeness crab dinner a few nights ago. The season was delayed almost a month.

Posts: 4955 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My wife said that's what the line at the local Honey Baked Ham looked like. There where cars lined up to just get in the parking lot. She got a bam at Publix instead.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't stand in that line if they were giving it away!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1899 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Pattie's is an amazing place. If it lives in the water they have it!

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Christmas Eve dinner I am making for my wife and I is Rainbow Trout with fresh green beans.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seafood is traditional for Christmas Eve for a lot of people. They must have some good seafood to have a line like that.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah. The place has quite a reputation in the Panhandle.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post