SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Super Bowl Party Menu?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Bowl Party Menu? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
For anyone having a Super Bowl party or just having food and watching the Super Bowl, what are you doing? This is what we are doing, my family and in-laws and BIL/SIL:

—Cheesesteaks on Corropolese* rolls
On side put on as you want:
Fried onions
Provolone cheese
American cheese
Sliced hot cherry peppers
Tomato sauce

—Corropolese* Tomato Pie
Tomato Pie is served cold, more like a Focchia with sauce and some grated Parmesan cheese. If you grew up with it, you’ll love it, if you don’t come from the area, you usually do not like it.

—Philly Pretzel Factory pretzel bites with Beer Cheese

—Mr. Ron’s Coleslaw*

* Corropolese is an Italian Bakery in Norristown, PA about 15 miles from Philly. They’re famous for their Tomato Pie which is a very Norristown area thing, it’s even looked at kind of funny in Philly. Mr. Ron’s was a very beloved restaurant in the area for years, gone now but Corropolese makes their famous delicious sweet coleslaw.

And to finish it all off, I am once again making my giant 12” Peanut Butter Kandy Kake which is vanilla cake covered with peanut butter and chocolate, a take off of a TastyKake PB KandyKake which is a bite sized version snack cake:

It brought us luck last time in 2018 and I’m counting on it to bring us luck again!

Tomato Pie:

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know. When is it?

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Going to make some wings and my kids love burritos…so, I guess that’s our “menu” for the game.
My wife just started watching football this year….I can take or leave it really

Posts: 3120 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Good excuse to break out the food processor make some secret marinade for Tacos Al Carbon.

Marinate those skirt steaks and burn them on the grill tomorrow.

Roll them up in some tortillas with homemade salsa and queso! Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Jalapeno poppers and ribs on the grill.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'm going down the street to a small watch party at my not legally adopted little sisters house. I'm making bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers, stuffed mushrooms and artichoke dip. Go Chiefs!

Posts: 7459 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Must be soon, by the way they keep going on and on about it, ad nauseam, in the local "news" on TV.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Felonious assault with a side of robbery. NFL style

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Brisket of course.
Jalapeño Brisket poppers.

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm stuck at work.
However, it's usually quiet for a few hours during the game. I gotta take care of my Team, because those guys take care of me. And I'd rather be in the garage cooking than watching the national felon league.

Here's the conundrum- of the 9 on my Team:
One doesn't eat red meat
Two don't do pork
Half don't like seafood.
Hard to cook for this rag-tag group of misfits.
Wink

Grilled salad
2 spice rubbed beer can chickens
4 stuffed flank steaks (3 stuffed with procuttio, soprestta, cheese and basil, 1 stuffed with just cheese and herbs)

I'm probably going with grilled zucchini rolls with goat cheese and bruschetta as an appetizer.
They are on their own for dessert.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
20 lbs of Boston Butt on the Smoker.

Friends are bringing appetizers etc.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3487 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
20 lbs of Boston Butt on the Smoker.
But, enough about the entertainment...

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Not watching the National Felons League play off ball game.... Personally could care less who wins or if both teams go scoreless.... Will be watching the tv production only for the TV Commercials.... mostly watching for the funny and outrageous as well to see what companies have spent unholy amounts of monies to get their product or ideas in front of the people watching the game. .... Almost forgot about the monday morning water cooler conversations... ......... drill sgt.

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I get the angst against the NFL and Pro sports in general. Still, I follow it, watch a lot of it and think the Super Bowl is a spectacle much more exciting then the The Great British Bake Off.

We'll have a few friends over to watch. Chili. also available as chili dogs, chips and dip a cheese charcuterie board and a few other food items.

It's all good except the fat and calories. We'll diet tomorrow.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Smoker:
Ribs
Salmon

Pizza oven:
Your topping choice pizzas

Oven:
Hash brown bake
Homemade pretzels
Spinach & artichoke dip

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
The Flaming Elvis.

Fresh jalapenos
Creamy peanut butter
Bacon
French bread.

Dice the jalapenos and mix them into the peanut butter. It looks and feels SO wrong but actually works.

Slice the French bread sandwich style then lightly broil it/toast it so the inside is just crisp.
Smear the peanut butter/jalapeno combo on the bread. Lay the bacon on top of that. Put the sandwich together then slice into about 1 1/2 inch long strips so it's finger food.

It's been my go-to for 20 years.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My buddy that was going to come over and watch the game with his kids just found out his daughter is in the late session for cheer competition. He's a die hard eagles fan and will be watching it from his phone at the competition. At least I don't have to cook anymore and can go to bed early now. I don't feel like making other plans or joining anyone last minute.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I am in the same boat. I am not a huge sports fan, but I will watch some sports such as local college football and the Superbowl, but that is about it. I didn’t even know who was going to the Superbowl until a few days ago and I set it to record. I would rather be able to fast forward through it and no one can spoil who won because I don’t really care, but I will watch it for the entertainment. I know it is a big day for lots of people, so enjoy and have fun my friends!!!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Oh, are the Yankees playing the Wisconsin Green Bean Pickers this time around?

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I didn’t even try to get it off, but I think I am now. Should I be doing something? The weather is going to be nice, maybe get the motorcycle out?

Ok, I went to a party last year. I’ll participate as necessary. I think I know who’s playing.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post