SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE in OP: Salt / rust concerns on used car from NJ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE in OP: Salt / rust concerns on used car from NJ Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I would be more concerned with the fact that it’s a KL Cherokee than with the salt. I’ve had $50-60K worth of repairs (all under warranty, of course) done on my ‘15 Trailhawk.

-Rob

We are going to look at a TRAILHAWK tomorrow. The other one mentioned first wont be available to view for a couple more days.

No concern whatsoever with its reliability… I have owned at least one, sometimes two, Jeeps continuously since 1985 with good results. Maybe my luck holds up!

What problems have you had?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Curious what car your father had that you describe.

It's a Buick. Don't recall the model, but it's a four door, electronic everything, backup camera, very nice ride, very comfortable. The underside is an impressive example of metals coatings, sealing, and passivation. It's the nicest original factory underside of a vehicle I've seen.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
It's important to keep in mind when car sellers in the NorthEast say they wash their car frequently in the winter-

Most Northern states recycle car wash water, and most facilities likely do not include a desalination and water purification process (to remove salts and other impurities (it's expensive).
So as the winter progresses the wash water gets even more salty.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post