SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Free Android Antivirus?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Android Antivirus? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
My cel Came with NQ Antivirus preinstalled. Can't find the way to get rid of it And it won't update it's may 2018 definitions unless i registrer And pay for a subscription.

Haven't felt the need for it but i don't see it with good eyes that the the app does not provide an uninstaller.
Won't pay for an unfinished product.

Thanks for your advise.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12148 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Settings - Apps

Scroll to the app, click the icon and there should be an uninstall button. If it's a system app and truly won't uninstall, there should at least be a "disable" option.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
go to the app launcher & hold the app like you're going to move it. 'uninstall' will appear at the top.
The look/method will vary somewhat between android versions.

Posts: 3299 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
The App does not have an individual icon, it´s accessed thru the Phone Manager along other features like cleanup, etc.
Have looked for it in the Settings area, no joy.
Also went to the Google Store hoping if I looked it up I would find an uninstall button but only found the App to download and install from the original distributor...

0-0

Posts: 12148 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sounds like preloaded bloatware that will be hard to get rid of.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Found the process and disabled it.

What will be my next AV?