SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I think Duke Energy violated collection practices
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think Duke Energy violated collection practices Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
Throw in a gratuitous reference in the letter about the Fair Debt Collection Act.

Pretty sure FDCPA doesn't apply to creditors...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it's a violation to release info about someone's debt to a non authorized third party regardless of who is collecting the debt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
Throw in a gratuitous reference in the letter about the Fair Debt Collection Act.

Pretty sure FDCPA doesn't apply to creditors...

Me too, but that is one of those "buzz words" that gets things done. Normally legal does not care, they just fix if because the downside is huge, even if slim!

Like using the term "predatory lending".

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
True, however he could just block the number since he has no account at Duke.

OP if you confirmed this isn't your account and they just have your phone number on the account erroneously, then

1) get a super
2) write a letter/email complaint
3) Block the calls , or
4) when they call tell them they don't have
the balls to come down here and turn off your power, dare them to do it, double dare, tell them you are a minority transgender non sexual identified snowflake and they will reap the whirlwind of Facebook, Twitter and you know Edward Snowden....

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post