SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you keep a “where it is” file?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Do you keep a “where it is” file? Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I don't at this time, but I've been thinking about it.
One big point is the combinations to my safes. How are you guys storing that in a secure way that will be accessible to someone when you're gone?


I keep things like that in my "contacts" in my phone. There's a notes area after all the other fields.
An online hacker can't make use of it,


___________________________
Avoid buying ChiCom/CCP products whenever possible.
 
Posts: 10849 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I just ask my wife where the hell she put it.
 
Posts: 8139 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
One big point is the combinations to my safes. How are you guys storing that in a secure way that will be accessible to someone when you're gone?


Lol. Our fire safe which has important documents in it has a dial combination. I leave it unlocked but closed. The combination is written on tape stuck to it. The safe itself is somewhat hidden behind stuff. A detailed search will find it, but a smash-and-grab thief won't. And if they do, the documents in there can be easily resurrected (we'll just have to get them notarized). The documents are our Trust and wills, power of atty, and medical directives. There's nothing in those documents a thief could use to steal anything.

For things more valuable or likely to be stolen, we have a programmable digital safe. My kids and my wife's kids all know the combination.

Break-ins are very rare around here. I'm not terribly worried about theft.

I keep a digital file with all the important accounts etc. My kids all know how to access it. That's the one the heirs will need when gathering all of our estate after we pass.
 
Posts: 11495 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you keep a “where it is” file?

© SIGforum 2026