SIGforum
Vietnam is still killing us, VA stumbling

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4070067334

November 26, 2017, 08:51 PM
bushpilot
Vietnam is still killing us, VA stumbling
Cholangiocarcinoma, a tiny parasite that causes the aforementioned cancer in the bile duct years after eating the freshwater fish found in Vietnamese streams.

The Veterans Administration has been denying claims for it. Full story in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, November 26, 2017, page 2.

This will most likely affect Army, Marines, and others who served in the jungle and ate the fish when their rations ran out. I was in the Ashau Valley and we washed up in the stream next to the fire base after we would throw a grenade in the water to stun the leaches. Didn't eat any of the fish though.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln
November 26, 2017, 09:14 PM
It was recently posted in this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...460075334#4460075334

November 26, 2017, 09:23 PM
sigmonkey
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Honor them, by living for them.

If you are so fortunate to encounter one who has been impacted, offer a kindness.

Feeling sorry for them, or the memory of those taken, is an insult.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
November 26, 2017, 09:29 PM
nhtagmember
I wonder how long it will take before the VA kills more vets than Viet Nam

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

November 26, 2017, 09:32 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I wonder how long it will take before what date it was when the VA kills killed more vets than Viet Nam
FIFY

VAs main healthcare COA is medicate until Vet dies or just goes away.
November 26, 2017, 09:34 PM
Oz_Shadow
And the children of Vietnam vets suffer from things their parents were exposed to over there.
November 27, 2017, 02:51 AM
Oregon
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Feeling sorry for them, or the memory of those taken, is an insult.

I will respectfully disagree.

I feel sorry that some of my friends passed far before their time and I am sorry for the families that were left behind. I also honor them on the days that are theirs.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture