SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No need for it, but I still want it: Drone flamethrower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No need for it, but I still want it: Drone flamethrower Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That would be a hoot at the next antifa riot if you could substitute pepper spray...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15606 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have no use for one but I want one anyway!!!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23296 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
When mother in law comes to visit....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
African killer bee problem? Hold my beer...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I know what to do with Chongosuerte's extra gasoline...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16376 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
How is that legal?? Wow.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
I wonder if any Wildland fire crews/Hotshots are using something like this yet for controlled burns, backburns, etc.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Spiders and wasp/hornet nests don't stand a chance

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37986 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Because no one thought that someone would make a flamethrower drone, and that it had to be banned.

Give it a day or two.

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
How is that legal?? Wow.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
I know what to do with Chongosuerte's extra gasoline...

Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Oh Hell yeah. Everyone needs one of those. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's so beautiful!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never be bored again!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can buy a handheld flamethrower that’s way more wicked. Didn’t Musk sell one?

Seems pretty limited considering the cost of that drone by itself and the limited flight time carrying such a payload.

Still cool though.

Posts: 3929 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Seems pretty limited considering the cost of that drone by itself and the limited flight time carrying such a payload.
Seems most practical for controlled/prescribed burns. Don't have to put people amidst the fire with drip torches (which barely hold more than the drone) plus monitoring from a drone is a lot healthier and can quickly see more area.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23296 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I predict a lot of house and forest fires.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Because no one thought that someone would make a flamethrower drone, and that it had to be banned.

Give it a day or two.

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
How is that legal?? Wow.
It's not in the CCR's of my HOA Big Grin

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
That would be a hoot at the next antifa riot if you could substitute pepper spray...

Okay, serious question, why substitute?

Just keeping things hypothetical; you never know who will read these posts Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15606 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I can see it now. Giant hornet nests. Little wasp nests. Neighbor's cat. Your neighbor. All kinds of uses really.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post