SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yet another gun/ammo company moving to Arkansas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another gun/ammo company moving to Arkansas Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Arkansas has been absolutely killing it lately when it comes to attracting gun and ammo manufacturers.

Arkansas has been the home of smaller custom gun companies like Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech and Nighthawk Custom for many years. And Remington had had their lone ammo factory here for the past 5 decades. Plus we also have several accessory manufacturers like Choate and Thermold, and also house a number of air gun manufacturers, including Gamo, Umarex, and Daisy.

But just in the last few years, there have been an increasing number of new facilities built in Arkansas by companies including Walther, CZ, and SIG.

And now it appears Fiocchi will be joining them too:

https://www.nwahomepage.com/ne...ming-to-little-rock/

Keep em coming!

Posts: 32540 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Great news!!

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fiocchi? I thought them boys was in in Eye-tally.

Posts: 107687 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep, but now they'll have domestic manufacturing capabilities.

A number of foreign companies have opened US-based manufacturing facilities based in Arkansas. That was the case with CZ and Walther, and SIG partially. And now Fiocchi.

Posts: 32540 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of the things that politicians have figured out is if they can get a large manufacturer of a product to move to an area then other manufacturers related to that product or even competitors will often follow...more and more jobs...

Michilin came here many years ago and then later along comes BMW and all kinds of supplier companies.... now, even though we are in a country wide economic shutdown all around the country... Greenville, S.C. is still a boom town...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Considering that the US is their number one customer, this makes sense.

Posts: 107687 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Lets hope more US firearms related companies see the light and continue moving to more friendly states. KIMBER is moving to AL from NY.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its interesting you mentioned Wilson Combat. I lived in Berryville years ago and remember Wilson's started out in the back of the family jewelry store on the square in Berryville.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. And then along the way, some of the Wilson smiths split off and opened up Nighthawk Custom, also in Berryville.

Interestingly, Berryville PD is one of the only agencies I know of that still issue 1911 duty guns to all their officers, which they get from Wilson Combat.

posted Hide Post
Fiocchi has had a plant in Springfield Missouri since '85 or '86.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Good. Keep em coming. I love bringing good businesses to good states.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9696 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. And then along the way, some of the Wilson smiths split off and opened up Nighthawk Custom, also in Berryville.

Interestingly, Berryville PD is one of the only agencies I know of that still issue 1911 duty guns to all their officers, which they get from Wilson Combat.

The owner/head hancho of Nighthawk is the FORMER Mrs Wilson. When she left she took a bunch of the 'smiths with her. This is NOT verified information, and I will look in to it more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fiocchi? I thought them boys was in in Eye-tally.

Me too!! LOL

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john crusher:
Fiocchi has had a plant in Springfield Missouri since '85 or '86.

Yep. They make good stuff.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24161 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:

The owner/head hancho of Nighthawk is the FORMER Mrs Wilson. When she left she took a bunch of the 'smiths with her.

Johnny 3eagles

Can you provide a source for that? According to Wikipedia it was formed by gunsmiths that did leave Wilsons but is owned/founded by Mark Stone.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see more businesses moving manufacturing to the U.S. for once.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I was told that by a gunsmith/instructor (Rogers, who has since left Arkansas) when I questioned him about two custom gun builders in one small community. That was about 10 years ago, about a year after we moved here. I have heard it several times since and took it as fact. Now you have piqued my interest and will look in to it.

I am going to change my post above to reflect this.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Wilson was in the process of building my Millennium when that whole thing was going on. The salesman told me they were having trouble with their head gunsmith and he later said that the gunsmith in question had quit and started his own company. That was the excuse for my gun being five months late, anyway. I ended up sending it back for multiple issues and they DC'd the model almost immediately. They didn't really say but I always assumed that's how Nighthawk came to be.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Considering that the US is their number one customer, this makes sense.

Fiocchi has been manufacturing ammo in the USA for some time. More than 75% of the ammunition sold by Fiocchi in the United States is manufactured at Fiocchi America's production facility in Ozark, Missouri.

Opening a new manufacturing facility in Arkansas is still a good thing though... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8938 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post