SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Birthday USCG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday USCG Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
Happy 228 fellow coasties!

Semper Paratus

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy B'Day!

Even us leathernecks appreciate you guys.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Coasties.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Happy B-day Puddle Pirates!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Saw the USCGC Eagle inbound at Thimble Shoals yesterday. Beautiful Ship. Happy Birthday Mud Ducks. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CaptainMike,

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! You do very needed work.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back at ya Mike!

Semper Paratus.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a glorious Day to be a Puddle Pirate! RM3 graduate of the Cape May school for Hooligans and other assorted names...VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once advised a young man who wanted to join a service to try for the USCG, don't know if he did,I hear their standards are tough.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My daddy was CG in WWII

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
I once advised a young man who wanted to join a service to try for the USCG, don't know if he did,I hear their standards are tough.

The standards are high, but even so, a few slip in thru the cracks...and we wind up with a blockhead or two, God knows I had a few shipmates who were dumber than rocks.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They take a phenomenal amount of drugs off the waters.

And they do it with an aging fleet of cutters.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Q. Why are members of the Coast Guard required to be at least 5' tall?

A. So they can walk back to shore in the unlikely event their boat sinks.

"Quack quack quack, quackquack quack."

Translation for the non-coasties on the forum " Happy birthday Coasties, you guys (and gals) rock!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had just started boot camp at Alameda in 1981 when we were about to leave forming company and be turned over to our CC. We could hear a marching band in the distance on the island and knew something ceremonial must be happening. Before we were introduced to our CC the forming company CC said "I'm glad I'm not in your shoes today, instead of being at the Coast Guard day picnic your new CC is here with you and he's missing out on the free beer at the picnic". Every Coast Guard day I chuckle to myself with my first Coast Guard day memory. Happy Coast Guard day my fellow Coasties.

Posts: 66 | Location: Kansas | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post