SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go eat that outside- Strong Food Reactions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go eat that outside- Strong Food Reactions Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
I was planning on enjoying a small bowl of delicious kimchi, but the wife kicked me out because the smell was making her nauseous. At least it’s nice out on the patio. Smile

Anyone else enjoy a particular food that gets a negative reaction from friends or family? It doesn’t have to be odor-based.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sardines.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cod liver (the actual livers, not just the oil), oysters, beef liver, lengua (tongue) tacos, the list goes on!!!

Posts: 1705 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can eat fish in the house but it has to be cooked outside. Use the grill or side burner depending on what type and how I'm making it.

Posts: 343 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Shrimp, but she is highly allergic to shellfish. if me cooking and eating outside allows her to avoid anaphylactic shock it works for me.

Posts: 12938 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chitins - cook (boil) outside and eat outside

Mustard greens or turnip greens - cook them outside but can eat them inside

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
The smell of salmon being cooked makes me ill. The wife is addicted to it, so when she is planning to grill some, I go to the gun club. That we we both are happy.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Melted raclette.

Humboldt fog.

Probably a half dozen others of that nature. Anything much stronger than cheddar, and the wife is making hurking sounds and running outside.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Egg Nog. I love it, my ex-roommate claims it makes her gag. We're getting into my favorite time of year now...

Posts: 7274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soul food collard greens cooking on the kitchen stove.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Durian has this effect on people and it's not even allowed on public transportation in Singapore.

We don't cook anything that each other hates the smell of, but my wife can't stand when I season cast iron. The smell of shortening burning into metal is enough to drive her out of the house.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Can you enlarge the Pic?

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Working on a smaller one... Razz

Posts: 5416 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL

Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
For some side-splitting entertainment, check out these folks!

My side hurts from watching these two videos.

Tony.

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
"Captain Projectile"! Big Grin

Please remind me never to buy any of that.

Posts: 7274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Melted raclette.

Humboldt fog.

Had to Google both of those.

I need to get a durian so I can try it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
When I was in Singapore in 2011, my company took us to a restaurant called "Durian Lingers" for our last dinner before I left. I choked down three pods before my mouth literally wouldn't open for a fourth. I ate some and I didn't gag, but my body literally wouldn't cooperate with my mind and I couldn't open my mouth for another bite.

I saw one of the girls in the above video say the same thing. Her body wouldn't let her swallow it!

Tony.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I had a girlfriend from out in the national forest country near Pittsburgh that said kids were told by the school not to bring Leeks to school and not to ingest them before coming to the school the same day. Kids that did it habitually would be sent home from school for having eaten Leeks because it was so consistently stinky as to be a complete disruption to a class.

I never heard of that before or since.

I couldn't help being reminded of the Little Rascals and 'Limberger cheese'

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Surstromming. I don't enjoy it, but some do apparently. No thanks.

Posts: 2019 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post