SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Went Diving and Ran Into Some Sharks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went Diving and Ran Into Some Sharks Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
What was the fish at the 2:10 mark? A cobia?

A remora.

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
And a good size remora at that!

Posts: 2556 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Bulls also can travel in fresh water. reliable inf says they have been seen in the Mississippi River as far north as illinois, or so sez Nat Geo. Also the Ganges, and the Amazon. They are also noted for eating people.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Yes they are. Swimming with sharks, let alone known maneater species, is not my definition of fun. But more power to ya, glad ya didn't get mangled, eaten, or killified.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing you didn't get eaten. Bull sharks are pretty aggressive and not the type of sharks you want to play with.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
What do we like for a good Shark gun? Underwater 10mm?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4637 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
What do we like for a good Shark gun? Underwater 10mm?

A bang stick with a 12 gauge slug

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, I would not of hung around for null sharks, those and tiger sharks are our worst ones here in Florida

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Very cool but I'm not sure I want to dive with Bull's and I have dived with thousands of sharks over the years. I always love seeing shark especially when you can get close.

I can't remember ever seeing a shark in Mexico although I may have. Done a bunch of diving down there.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have been diving the Oregon coast since 1986 If I was ever that close to a shark I would shit myself.

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Nice video!

Seeing sharks while diving is cool...always a treat.
It brings real meaning to "head on a swivel" but yeah, Bulls can be pricks.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Encountering a shark or 10 on a dive has never bothered me, but certain species I keep a much closer eye on. Bull sharks for sure top that list as common sharks (relatively) along with Tiger's.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post