SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spring, summer, and fall lasted only 140 days here. :(
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring, summer, and fall lasted only 140 days here. :( Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Spring, summer, and fall this year lasted all of 140 days as that was the period between May 21 and October 9th when we had the last spring snow and the first winter snow in the Rapid City, SD area.

And we've beat the old 1962 record for the most moisture with 29.12" so far. That's about 11" above average. And yeah, still 2.5 months to go. Yowser!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I've passed along your post to my son, who will be based at Ellsworth starting after Thanksgiving!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2874 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
I've passed along your post to my son, who will be based at Ellsworth starting after Thanksgiving!

LOL It's really not all that bad here. One thing for sure is that whatever the weather is, it will be quickly changing. Big Grin

Been here since 1994 and we've had droughts too. Mild winters and nasty ones. Great summers and wet ones.

Regardless your son will undoubtedly be taken in by the great natural vistas and outdoor recreation opportunities here. I've yet to meet anyone who has been here who hasn't loved it although one did complain that he'd prefer no windy days. LOL FWIW many military who have served here come back in their retirement.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but so far the fire season has been pretty mild!

Jim

Posts: 1354 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post