Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garage Forum Login/Join 
Picture of GTO
posted
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/ A great forum for garage or shop information. Thought I would share.

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Been on there for years. Be ready to have serious Garage Envy. Some of those garage builds are incredible. Ideas galore and very helpful of novices.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep.

I was inspired by some of them.

My little 20x20 is cozy.

I have painted the top half bright white and the bottom medium gray, and I still need to add the three stripe around the middle, but I have my car completley apart doing a major resto, so it's a mess right now.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting here sore after working the weekend to get my garage setup. Figure two more weekends and it will be ready for paint. Wired the car lift, installed my first Rhino shelves, got the paddleboard rack mounted and reorganizing my tools. My project car is on the lift just waiting for me to get the time...

Monkey like the checkerboard - did you paint with epoxy?

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I need to avoid that site like the plague.

Part of the move we're contemplating involves a new garage/shop. I'll be lucky to get it closed in, much less equipped like Garage Mahal!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15201 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

When I go there (been going for a dozen or so years), I like to browse the Lighting & Electrical, Fabrication & Techniques, Vintage Tools, and General Tools. They do tend to obsess over some things (like vises and lifts), but there is a wealth of info to be gleaned from some very experienced folks. And some very nice garages to drool over.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever use soffet or vinyl siding on a ceiling? Ive seen a few pics and it looks nice. I need to cover some damaged drywall and replacing it will not do. Suspended options are out too.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post