SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Georgia Republican Primary - July 24 runoff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia Republican Primary - July 24 runoff Login/Join 
Fire for effect
posted
Next Tuesday, July 24, is the Georgia Republican Primary runoff for Governor and Lt. Gov.

President Trump and GeorgiaCarry.Org have both endorsed Brian Kemp for Governor. GCO is also endorsing David Shafer for Lt Gov.

Unfortunately, the NRA endorsed the wrong candidate - Casey Cagle. (My opinion)

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
Brian Kemp is running for Governor of the great state of Georgia. The Primary is on Tuesday. Brian is tough on crime, strong on the border and illegal immigration. He loves our Military and our Vets and protects our Second Amendment. I give him my full and total endorsement.

GCO's homepage has their endorsements and reasons why. http://www.georgiacarry.org/

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7211 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I can see why the NRA went with Cagle based on his support of them against Delta a few months back. I want Kemp but either way I think we have a gun rights supporter.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
From GCO on Kemp and Cagle:

For Governor, Brian Kemp is in a heated, nasty race with Casey Cagle, who as Lt. Governor, blocked much more pro-gun rights legislation in the Senate than we were able to pass in the last 8 years. Cagle is the man who, when discussing future gun rights legislation in 2009, said, "Let me be very, very clear, I have no appetite for that.... folks should be content with where we are". This was just before we were able to repeal the public gathering law. He also held up a conference committee report on a bill to allow campus carry bill in 2013 until it was too late to vote to suspend the rules and allowed Cecil Staton to leave early, insuring there would not be enough present in the Senate to vote for the suspension of the rules.
In 2016, Cagle confided in several religious leaders who were gun control supporters that he felt campus carry legislation was "irresponsible, dangerous, and not in line with Republican values." When he called external gun lobby groups who were pushing campus carry "extremist and dangerous" (see pic), he was talking about Georgiacarry, Brian Kemp (GeorgiaCarry.Org life member, me and approx. 10, 000 other GeorgiaCarry.Org members.
Earlier this year, Cagle stated the he knew of no area where carry rights or locations needed expanding and that Georgia "was in a good place" regarding current carry laws, he also said that he did not support constitutional carry, but then suddenly did just days later.
And, in the secret Tippins tape session, he said the following (directly from the transcript):
Tippins: So, Kemp is a twelve he runs Jake. Did he get two bumps, one for Jake one for the second one or was it all for Jake.

Cagle: It was both. He..he kind of.. so what he did... is... there was creative ads. They were geared to a certain audience that is a very "rabid" type of audience and he knew that he was running a major risk by doing that.

Tippins: But he had to do because he wouldn't do anything but...

Cagle: Yes. Remember his first ad was the immigration ad

Tippins: Yeah

Cagle: Standing next to the fence and all of that.

Tippins: Right

Cagle: And it stuck. it stuck. it totally stuck. So he had to blow it all up. he just had to do something completely out of his character. Well, I mean his character is.. he pretty much talks about - you know what I'm saying - he had to do something like really crazy, but it gives you short term game, short term strategy that has long term ramifications that you cannot escape, right? Cause that ad defined him.
Now, if we can get the rabid people to go vote for Brian Kemp, who has our endorsement and those of, President Trump, Newt Gingrich, all of his previous opponents for Governor, Vince Dooley, numerous pro-gun representatives and senators and over 2500 county and state officials throughout Georgia and more endorsements coming daily, along with the other pro-gun candidates, we can have a very successful year.

Posts: 7211 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Yeah I read their position.

I personally know Cagle. I’m not friends with him or anything but I think as Governor he would support all GCO legislation. I might be wrong of course and like I said I’m voting for Kemp but I’m not worried.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
I think Cagle will be just about the same as Nathan Deal. Deal had no problems digging deeper in my pockets, so Kemp gets my vote.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Sounds like we are in agreement so far.
That said I waivered during the primary before settling on Kemp. I do not trust Cagle to govern as conservatively as he shifted in just this past legislative session. So while Kemp maybe a bit farther to the right than I, at least I have more confidence in where he stands and how he will govern.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
I think Cagle will be just about the same as Nathan Deal. Deal had no problems digging deeper in my pockets, so Kemp gets my vote.

This.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3980 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Both are light years better than the Democrat option.
Lets hope the one that looses doesn't poison the well and cost the election that counts.

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is election day. Please vote.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Just cast my ballot for Kemp.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3980 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post