Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vacuum Sealer Login/Join 
posted
Our old vacuum sealer bit the dirt today. We need a new one that will get some heavy use. Soups, meat, etc.

Need one that has an accessory port.

Recommendations?

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I like Food Saver. Had a Food Saver from long, long, long time ago bought from Costco. Worked the heck out of it. Even still have it.

About a year or so ago I bought a new Food Saver from Costco. It is so much quieter than the old one. Has an accessory port too. Occasionally they go on sale at Costco.

Love it.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
VacMaster P210.

I was concerned about having an accessory port for jars as well when I bought this one and found that I haven't needed it. You can put jars in the chamber and it seals them up. I've put 1/2 gallon Mason jars in mine and they fit just fine.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Cabelas Pro I bought years ago and it still works great. It also has a accessory port and hose.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
VacMaster P210.

I was concerned about having an accessory port for jars as well when I bought this one and found that I haven't needed it. You can put jars in the chamber and it seals them up. I've put 1/2 gallon Mason jars in mine and they fit just fine.

Not cheap but worth every penny. I haven't done jars but I've done soup and sauce both in bags.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the VacMaster use special bags or can we use the metric shit ton left over from the FoodSaver?

Thanks.

Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Use the leftover shit if for the correct style of machine.

Another plus for Ary Vacmaster products. Warranty is beyond outstanding. Great company to deal with.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
Vacuum Sealers Unlimited

This is one of the sponsors at the meat smoking forum I belong to, and they have a good reputation there.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
Foodsaver Gamesaver is the best bang for the buck at around $210.00 ... I can go higher and better, more commercial, but most cannot afford to-do-so so I shall not. Waste of time.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only downside we see to the VacMaster 210 is the weight.

Thanks for all the good information.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have a Vacmaster chamber vac. If you are doing soups and stews or anything with a liquid you have to have a chamber vac. The conventional Food savers suck the air out of the bag and will generally suck any liquid with it. That liquid will get in your seal and prevent a good seal.

Not to mention chamber vac bags are pennies on the dollar compared to vac seal bags or rolls.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned my Food-Saver for a number of years now, and am very pleased with it's performance. Mine has an asso. port also. I did have to repace the foam seals ($2.00) a couple of years ago, but now it works great.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think will look hard at the Vacmaster. Going to wait and see if anything happens to the price coming up.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I have a foodsaver that I bought over 20 years ago. A few years back I too, thought it had bit the dust. I opened it up to look and saw nothing obvious wrong. I decided to replace the clear plastic tubing inside with silicone tubing.

It has worked almost better than new ever since.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fairly sure the burning electrical smell and smoke means "It's dead, Jim"

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I have a foodsaver that I bought over 20 years ago. A few years back I too, thought it had bit the dust. I opened it up to look and saw nothing obvious wrong. I decided to replace the clear plastic tubing inside with silicone tubing.

It has worked almost better than new ever since.

My Foodsaver is over 20 years old at this point and we probably use it a couple of times a month.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
My Foodsaver is over 20 years old at this point and we probably use it a couple of times a month.

Admittedly, I'm harder on vacuum sealers than your average Joe. I use mine daily. Whether it's resealing a loaf of cheddar, packaging up leftovers, or sealing up processed animals for storage...it gets a lot of use.

Over the years, I burned through three or four $200 FoodSavers (which is nearly enough to pay for a VacMaster). While they did OK, I found them to not have very good pressures, not have consistent seals, and overheat after only two or three seals requiring you to wait for it to cool down before continuing. You'll have none of this with the VacMaster. You get as much negative pressure as you want, double seals, the ability to bag liquids, and no overheating/waiting. I've done over fifty in a row while processing animals, one right after the other.

Over three years of daily use now without a hiccup. Well worth the $1000 I paid and well worth the ~$850 advertised on DougE's link.

This is a great example of the old axiom: You get what you pay for.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
The Vacmaster isn't a portable machine, mine lives on the counter in the pantry and only gets moved for maintenance. My wife balked when I told her what I was spending on a vacuum sealer but after using it a few times she said it was one of my best purchases.I didn't have good luck with Foodsaver type machines. I was always pulling bags out of the freezer that lost it's seal and I always double sealed my bags. I haven't lost a seal in over a thousand vacmaster bags.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Mine lives on the counter next to the fridge. I have friends who keep their's in their walk-in pantry and another who keeps his on a wheeled cart.

At around 75# you can't just toss it in a drawer until next time. Big Grin