SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Antenna gurus HELP please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Antenna gurus HELP please Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
26 years w/o cable or Sat.

At $65.00 per month , that's almost a million dollars.

They didn't get from me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Somewhere an HOA board member is having seizures over that picture. Smile

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B.t.w.
My 32 channels come in over a pair of $9.00 rabbit ears fro m radio shack.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
..that's almost a million dollars.

Yeah almost. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
B.t.w.
My 32 channels come in over a pair of $9.00 rabbit ears fro m radio shack.
And that will work for people for whom the broadcast towers are close enough, there are no interfering natural or man-made obstructions, etc.

But, when the broadcast towers are far away, and maybe not particularly high-powered, there are land features or buildings creating multi-path signals, an adequate selection means towers on bearings roughly 90° apart (see Note below), and other complications, the kind of thing you saw pictured in the OP's OP becomes necessary.

Note: Most non-antenna/-radio people probably don't know this, but, directional antennas nearly invariably have the greatest signal rejection not off the back, but, at 90° to their primary axis. (The stacked UHF bowtie antennas pictured are an exception. Their front-to-back and front-to-side rejection are pretty much the same.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post