SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Shooting Range Doubles as a Safe Room in the Basement of This Arizona Home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Shooting Range Doubles as a Safe Room in the Basement of This Arizona Home Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
"He can override the security features from his cellphone to allow access."

All that money spent and there's the backdoor to render it useless.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Throughout my years with Dallas PD, I dealt with a number of wealthy complainants/crime victims who’d just been held up at gun or knifepoint, or had their homes or vehicles burglarized or expensive cars stolen. Some were high-profile people who often were pictured in D Magazine or hoity-toity Highland Park/University Park publications, and had kids who went to the best private schools.

The common thread with many of these folks was that they were shocked and in disbelief that even with their wealth, security precautions, and, in some cases, bodyguards, they could be victimized.

I hope this family stays safe.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Full name , place of residence with pics , location of " secret door " including pics . Oh by the way , his 12 yr old daughter stays home alone .. WTFO ?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“Collection”? If you say so. Wink

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. and low on ammo to boot Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
^^^
...and mags...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Must be nice to have that kind of money . . . .

flashguy

I dunno. If one is going to dream, why not level up to something like the place Frank mentioned with four panic rooms?

And if you’re going to build a range, why not at least 50 yards? A friend’s dad (and former state bullseye champ for a couple years) built one in Ventura with culvert pipe coming off his basement. At the end, he had a spiral concrete trap that his daughters got sent into periodically to bring the lead out in buckets so he could melt it down and recast it. Targets ran back and forth on a string pulley. The things one could do when they had their own heavy equipment company and the planning and building folks weren’t nearly so intrusive as they are now…

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
What do they do for backup power? How about fire proofing? I’d imagine any perp outside the panic room would cut the power to the house, or perhaps burn it down around you.

Depending upon the conern of the owner there are solutions for all of these issues. In some cases there are even backups for the backups for the backups. When money is no object, the sky is the limit.

True, but folks don’t always think about that. Heck, I didn’t put in the transfer switch and pigtail to plug into my 10KW diesel powered arc welder until the propane backup generator to our offgrid solar house decided to take a powder. Sure, were I doing it all over again I’d have built in more backups from the start, but sometimes one has to learn by doing…

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
https://www.nydailynews.com/ne...et-article-1.1890356

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
sigfreund, I have about that many just stashed in hidden places in my house because they won't fit into the safe. (I need a second safe, or to sell off some guns.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post