SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brake pads, Wagner Thermo Quiet vs. OEX pads?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brake pads, Wagner Thermo Quiet vs. OEX pads? Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
Anyone tried the new(ish) OEX pads from Wagner? The Wagner TQ have been my go-to for a while, but looking for input. Maybe time to try something different. This would be on an F-150.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My go to brand is Performance Friction. They have been the OE supplier for at least part of the time and they make the best pads you can buy.
What year is yours?

https://pfcbrakes.com/

Posts: 9537 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
There was a thread not too long ago about brakes. A few recommendations but nothing I could actually buy. Like PFC, they make pads for trucks and sport vehicles.

If I can tag along on this thread I’m looking for great pads and rotors for a Subaru Crosstrek.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12446 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I bought Prostop for the Hellact and wife’s RX350

LOVE them so far.

Had Hawks on the GTO with DBA dimpled n slotted rotors.

Would have gone with Hawks for Hellcat and Lexus if they made pads for the Hellcat.

ymmv

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
My go to brand is Performance Friction. They have been the OE supplier for at least part of the time and they make the best pads you can buy.
What year is yours?

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
What year is yours?

I’d just go to their webpage and at the top is has a link “parts finder” to enter the specifics of your vehicle information.
That gives you the PFC part number and you can do a search for the best delivered price.

Posts: 9537 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have had really good luck with the Wagner ThermoQuiet , the last set I bought was even US made.

Posts: 426 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’m in the different school of mind… The louder, the better… Pagid endurance pads FTW Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:
Have had really good luck with the Wagner ThermoQuiet , the last set I bought was even US made.

Ceramic or Semi Metallic?

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Been using Raybestos Element3 EHT (Enhanced Hybrid Technology) Brake Pads lately so far they are doing good.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:

Ceramic or Semi Metallic?

The ThermoQuiets are ceramic.

Complacency sucks…

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting because O'Reilly shows both Semi Metalic ThermoQuiet MX679 and Ceramic ThermoQuiet QC679 as avavilable for my F150...

Link

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Ceramic pads eat rotors… YMMV

(Is that Mansplaining?)

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Interesting because O'Reilly shows both Semi Metalic ThermoQuiet MX679 and Ceramic ThermoQuiet QC679 as avavilable for my F150...

Link

That’s strange, I always thought the TQ were ceramic across the entire line. Guess that’s not the case.

Complacency sucks…

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Ceramic pads eat rotors… YMMV

(Is that Mansplaining?)

Hahahaha, depends. Are you also manspreading?

I’ve never experienced it across several vehicles, but that’s a sample size of barely over one.

Complacency sucks…

posted Hide Post
I've read some things about ceramic pads being harder on rotors but after using them on multiple vehicles for the last 15yrs I've never experienced it. Maybe under certain circumstances.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3544 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post