SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone familiar with Gator Covers? Floor Liners and truck bed covers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone familiar with Gator Covers? Floor Liners and truck bed covers. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Never heard of the company until today. They are made in the USA and their trifold hard cover looks pretty good.

https://gatorcovers.com/p/gato.../toyota/tundra/2015/

They also make floor liners like WeatherTech
https://gatorcovers.com/p/gato.../toyota/tundra/2015/

I am on my 7th set of WeatherTechs and they seem to get thinner with every purchase. Last three sets have all cupped from weight and summer heat.
The Gator set is $65 cheaper than WeatherTech.

Anyone have experience?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25427 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I have one of the tri-fold bed covers for my 2019 Ranger. It locks and seals tight. It was a PITA to install for two reasons:

(1) it really is a two person job, and I was doing it by myself and

(2) there were some additional parts and steps for installing on the Ranger. There were supplemental instructions for those parts, but I did not find them right away. I grabbed the generic instruction manual and started the installation. When I hit a snag and couldn't get it to work, I looked deeper in the box and found the supplemental instructions. I guess it's my fault for not fully emptying the box and taking inventory.

Other than that, I am extremely happy with it.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've never used Gator but for liners I switched from Weathertech to Husky X Act. They're worth a look.

Posts: 3459 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
What were the extra steps for the Ranger? I watched an F150 install video looked pretty simple. Still looking for a Tundra install video.

————————————————

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My dad has a Gator Tri fold of sorts, that someone gave him years ago, on his '95 S-10. Three separate segments (were they always?), no hardware, locks or latches of any kind at this point. He holds them down with rubber latches like on a Yeti cooler. Old, looks like hell, does what he needs. Point being, they're certainly not a new company.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
What were the extra steps for the Ranger?

There was an extra rail that bolted to the front of bed by the cab, and there were additional spacers/braces that were needed for the side rails to align properly. When reading the main/generic assembly instructions, there was no mention of this. It wasn't until I located the supplemental instructions that I discovered why I couldn't get everything aligned properly.

Again, it was my fault for not pulling everything out of the box and doing an inventory before starting.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I did look at them for a bed cover recently. Most of these seem to be assembled the same way. Some differences are panel material/thickness, latching on all panels and how far they open. All of that type leak at least a little, usually in the front corners.

Personally, I chose Undercover ArmorFlex because I found it on Amazon for $200+ less than I saw it being sold anywhere else. I liked the Line-X coating but they have a cheaper model without. I also wanted one that could fully open, be removable quickly if needed, and latched on each panel.

In all my research, the thing I wanted to avoid is an aluminum outer panel because they scatch and dent. We get enough ice and snow.

Other comparable covers were from BAK, Extang, etc.

Install is basically clamp on the rails, add the tube through a bed hole, add a stick on front seal, put the cover down on the rail in front, unfold to check fit and closure, then clamp down the front cover and done.

Some do have rear seals that differ as to whether or not they can be down when the tailgate closes.

Posts: 17891 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Those Undercovers are about $400 more than the Gator.

————————————————

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Those Undercovers are about $400 more than the Gator.

And I’d guess 90% the same

May even be the same person involved as the other companies.
https://www.gm-trucks.com/foru...-gatorbakflipextang/

Posts: 17891 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on gators liners but for floor liners, Husky's premium liners are many times better than Weathertech. They are a heavy rubberlike material and conform perfectly, lay flat without buckling like the WT.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post