SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When you leave a voicemail, do you include information?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you leave a voicemail, do you include information? Login/Join 
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
For many years the voice mails I've left are very close to the format Sig2340 laid out. And, if I expect a specific detail(s) in their response, I include it in the message. Sometimes successful, sometimes not.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I almost never leave voicemails unless it's something work related to the outside world, and 99% of the time, all those communications are done via email.

Work related stuff to colleagues is email or text...or just walking down the hall to find them.

When I do leave a voicemail, I provide my contact info, as appropriate, and some message about why I'm calling, even if it's "returning your call". I usually provide my availability for a follow-up call as well.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Hello, my name is Will G...my number is .......a brief message, and again, my name is Will G...my number is ....thanks and have a good day.

Unless it's family, I'll say something to the effect "It's me, nothing important, call me when it's convenient, thanks"

If it's important, I'll state that to family members coupled with a quick text.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
What chaps my backside is when people rattle off their phone number as fast as they can, as though I've heard it a thousand times and then, don't repeat it.

Yeah that drives me nuts. I say my name and number slowly and then repeat it a second time slowly.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Really the only time I leave a voicemail is for work and my calls are confidential and most times I am not certain the voicemail is tied to the person I need to speak with so I only say who I am, my phone number, and I need them to call me back. I don’t leave details as to what it is about in case someone else has access to the voicemail.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Depends on who I’m calling. Family and friends? Absolutely. Everyone else is in a gradient.

This. Depends on what I require and how much they need to know.

Me too Same, but I think it is only polite to say my first name on calls & Texts..

Posts: 468 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Jeepers Mark, this post right after your gas pump post...take a chill pill dude!

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
If i want a call back I leave the reason for my call in voicemail.

Asshats who call me and leave nada get just that from me...nada. Big Grin

Basically this.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Always include my name, callback number, and the reason for the call. It takes next-to-no time.

"Call me back's" left for me don't get a reply.

Reasons being:

1) I don't 'chat' (aka waste time discussing trivia) on the phone and my friends know this,
2) I have zero curiosity about other people's myriad possible motivations to call,
3) if the topic is important, they will call back and either reach me or leave a more info the second time, and
4) if it's not important/urgent enough for the caller to leave information in the first place, it's definitely not important/urgent for me to need to call them back.

Posts: 15036 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Jeepers Mark, this post right after your gas pump post...take a chill pill dude!

Maybe he got a crappy VM while waiting for the pump LOL Big Grin

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Well, while I was considering one, it brought to mind the other.

I’ve been working on my patience since 1983. I see that I’m failing miserably. Thanks for listening.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
IF personal, sort of. I say if it is important, or not important. I might even give a 15 second preview of the conversation I'm seeking. MOST of the time I don't leave a voicemail, I hang up and text a quick note.

IF professional, I always say something. Often, the something needs to be said carefully so as to allow the client some professional privacy. I always repeat my name, company name, and office phone number with extension at least 3 times. Once at the beginning and twice at the end, slow enough for most people to write it down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post