SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    May the Fourth...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May the Fourth... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
...be with you.

Happy Star Wars day!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Election for Dallas Mayor today.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good Blaster by your side kid....

May the 4th be with you!

ARman

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28019 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Hopefully not lost in the backscatter from movie fans, it's also International Firefighter's Day. Props and thanks to the guys who put it on the line for us, and don't get retakes.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16122 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Up next...

Cinco de Drinko.

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, Audrey Hepburn would have been 90 today. She sadly died in 1993 at age 63. She and her mother survived the Nazi invasion of the Netherlands by eating dog biscuits, tulip bulbs, and whatever else they could find. She had a very hard childhood. She won an Oscar for her very first film, Roman Holiday.

Posts: 47 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It's also naked gardening day today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Naked_Gardening_Day

Please, no pictures! Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://thehardtimes.net/hardd...3B69zkUkPMP-eNWl0xwE

Not gonna lie, I’d probly pay to see it. Lol

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for today to see if they had any discounts on Star Wars memorabilia. I got a good deal on a Darth Vader helmet for my son for his birthday.

Posts: 6913 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My kid’s karate tournament was today..he was six in a field ranging from 10 years (him)to a 15yo....elementary school to high schooler...how is that even remotely fair to him for fighting a high schooler?

Very disappointed. Not with him but with the circumstances. We had a talk and I hugged him as he was crying...it’s hard to explain how life is unfair...hopefully he will learn from it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11309 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Jerkwater put on the big Cinco de Mayo parade yesterday. The main drag is littered with candy so crummy that even little kids didn’t bother to pick it up.

Posts: 26954 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

And in honor of today being Cinco de Mayo:

Posts: 28019 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30743 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Aisle 14 at Walmart

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30743 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They label it “Miracle Whip”

Wink

Posts: 26954 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Today is revenge of the sixth!

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post